Daily Essential Nutrients, a micronutrient supplement that helped me get past a symptom plateau

I’m wondering if I can post about Daily Essential Nutrients by Hardy Nutritionals. It’s FDA approved and there are reams of studies showing it’s effective against a wide array of mental illnesses.

I’m on day 23 of it and experiencing broad benefits, reduced SZ symptoms that I feel is due to brain inflammation reduction, head pressure reduction to the point of being comfortable, and weight loss since my appetite is being reduced (lost 13 pounds so far).

I feel like this can make me feel like my old self in a few months. The benefits seem to be stacking!

Here’s a testimonial about someone who used it for bipolar and anxiety (stabilized her mood with it:)

The downside is that it makes antipsychotics stronger, so it requires cooperation with the psychiatrist to taper down to a workable level.

@moderators
@Ninjastar
@anon9798425

4 Likes

I don’t see a problem. You aren’t encouraging stopping meds.

3 Likes

Okay, thanks!

Yeah, antipsychotics are all-important. Even if I feel normal on this supplement I’ll keep taking em.

3 Likes

This supplement helped me get past a symptomatic plateau where antipsychotics and Amyloban 3399 couldn’t.

With the two together I always heard a little something in the background when I wasn’t listening to music, and if I tried hard enough to interact with it, I could. It seemed as if the two only worked to a certain extent, and the symptomatic rest you just had to “live with”.

Enter D.E.N., which seems to have pushed past the plateau, and facilitated the kind of blood-brain barrier healing that has reduced my chronic headache to the point of being comfortable, as well as reducing my voice symptoms to the point of being almost gone. That last 1% of voice reduction takes forever, but it gets noticeably less every day. That final percent like locks on to your conscious mind and tries to feed it some garble about being “the chosen” or whatever, at a level that is just at the boundary of perception.

I can sort of function with that marginal level of interference, but I want total voice cessation and zero hallucinations before I can feel confident enough to go outside often and live a semi-normal life.

I imagine once the voices go away fully, my thought broadcasting will soon follow.

For 23 days of progress I am pretty happy with the results, particularly with my headache. I can watch videos fairly comfortably now.

Some other things I’m doing are eating low fat / low sugar, wheat / dairy / soda / junk food avoidance, and drinking low ORP water (hydrogen-infused water) to reduce inflammation, but I think you can get away with not doing that last one, it just helps marginally.

5 Likes

Day 30 of my Daily Essential Nutrients

I feel even more grounded now. Able to have conversations in front of the muted TV without adding things to the “crazy narrative”. Just living in objective reality with a mostly-functioning noise filter again.

3 days ago I had a relapse and had to start taking low dose Haldol for my headache that was spiralling out of control after I ate some walnuts that messed me up badly. I suspected I was allergic to them but this really cemented that fact. Now I am okay, on 0.5 mg Haldol morning and night.

I can’t seem to handle milk, even in small quantities, so I’m having to switch to something plant-based, like hemp milk. Gonna try that out. Not masochistic enough for black coffee and tea.

I ate a Resveratrol after the headache out of fear that things were going backwards, but I seem to be OK now. I don’t think Resveratrol will be a fixture, as it seems to complicate the regimen (and D.E.N. alone is like 12 capsules a day, don’t really want to add to that.)

Another thing I’m doing that seems to be helping is getting low ORP water from an alkaline water machine. My machine is kind of busted, where at the strongest setting it says it gives 10.4 pH water at less than -600 ORP, but as measured with other tools it ends up being like 7.8 pH with -250 ORP. This is somewhat anti-inflammatory so I try to use that in my coffee and tea, and as straight water.

I’d say easily 80% of my day-to-day progress is due to D.E.N. though.

Two things I noticed though, it’s low in Potassium and Folic acid, so if you could get extra supplementation for those you’ll have the all the broad spectrum nutrients you need.

I was noticing feeling really mopey before supplementing 1 mg Folic acid, now I feel more like an emotionally stable man. Just like that.

So, my current regimen is 4 capsules Daily Essential Nutrients 3x a day, 0.5 mg Haldol 2x a day, Folic Acid 1mg 1x a day, Potassium Citrate 1/2 tsp 1x a day.

Very pleased with it so far. Not 100% out of the woods yet though. Say, 60-70%?

4 Likes

Great Great Great …!!! Den is in my bucket list…!!

2 Likes

Day 34 of Daily Essential Nutrients

Yesterday I had a plate of fries and lots of meat as a test, and I had a mild flareup that night. Was able to talk to voices. Took Haldol 1 mg as PRN and slept pretty well.

These days, I don’t even think about my headache / head pressure anymore. Symptoms are pretty much nonexistant, unless I eat really bad (like high protein / high fat / high carb junk food.) My food tolerance seems to be going up by the day.

I am able to comfortably watch work training videos, so that is what I should be doing. Hopefully I’ll be in the swing of things and doing a full day’s work every day by year’s end.

Supplement routine hasn’t changed. Feeling a solid 70% better now.

4 Likes

Day 37 of Daily Essential Nutrients

Steady symptom improvements, head pressure getting ever more comfortable. Good energy, woke up at 7:30AM and didn’t fall back to sleep at 10:30 like what normally happens when I wake up early.

Downside is I believe this mixture makes the blood so alkaline that it encourages the growth of bone spurs. My right knee has been locking up something fierce since about a week ago, and it’s getting pretty bad.

I got this for the bone spur:

Hoping it will do the trick and get my leg limber again.

2 Likes

I really like what you’re doing to heal.

I tried a juice fast and plant based diet a month or so ago and it seemed to help somewhat.

You’ve inspired me to try eating a diet of 80 percent fruit and veges to alkalize my body again.

Also my dad had a friend who had a water alkalizer and I tried drinking a litre in the day which I didn’t notice but during the night my voices were really loud so I drank another litre and as I drunk it they instantly became quieter.

You’re on the right track!

I’m definitely going to have to try sticking with the healthy eating too.

3 Likes

Good luck with that lifestyle!

I need this micronutrient approach because there’s no chance in hell that I will get my RDI from diet alone. I love my comfort foods too much.

I’d be lucky to eat like one stir-fried salad in a day. The micronutrient supplement makes up for that deficit nicely.

Day 38 Mini-update

My brain pressure is getting closer to that comfortable, “default” state, and my general mood is getting more and more level, and less angry. I can’t even say I’m angry anymore, more like a mild background annoyance that I can forget about easily. Not fully “normal” yet but the changes are pretty pronounced day after day.

Symptoms are like 0.1 / 10? Sometimes imagining a cough is a secret message. That’s about it for the day.

I decided to make my 1 mg Haldol and Amyloban 3399 a PRN. Will see how that goes.

3 Likes

I’d like to hear updates from other people if someone is using.

Day 54 update (I ran out for a week):

Every day I feel a few percent better, inflammation-wise and symptom-wise. If I take my earbuds out I pretty much don’t hear any hallucinations, but if I listen to something repetitive like a fan and concentrate fairly hard, I can hear a tiny bit of something. It’s a very deliberate effort to hear voices now, they aren’t audible just by default now.

I’m absolutely loving this stuff, and I look forward to waking up every day and experiencing a new level of relief.

I’ve also been using the Muse neurofeedback headset to teach me how to be calm (meditated about 20 mins in the past 2 days,) and I feel this is a lovely combo.

Only reason I’m not watching training videos at the moment is because I’m hoping for total pressure perfectance, but I’m not going to get that for a few more months, I imagine. It’s just a constant central “pushing out” sensation in the middle of my skull, pretty easy to ignore, but I’m afraid of “blowing it out” and making it worse if I try to think too hard about something technical.

It’s pretty controlled at the moment though. Maybe I should push.

1 Like

I made the mistake of going fully off meds, and my headache came back after a few days. Symptoms got worse with the headache, so I upped my meds. Back on 1-2 mg Haldol and 3 mg Paliperidone.

I’ll try again going off in a few months. No need to fix what ain’t broke, also.

The treatment is a combination of antipsychotics and supplements. I can’t go off either one or I’ll deteriorate again.

Day 66 update:

I increased my dose gradually to 7 x 3 to break past a plateau. I take it as 6-5-5-5. It’s working nicely.

Brain pressure is teetering between fully comfortable and slight balloon-like pressure in the middle. 1 more month of this and I feel like I’ll be 80-90% normal.

My antipsychotic dose is down to 1 mg Haldol a day, 0.5 mg morning and night. Also taking Amyloban 3399, 2 pills 3x a day.

Sleep is mildly disrupted due to stopping Paliperidone, but I feel I’ll adjust as my baseline brain inflammation levels go down.

I can totally work right now, from home, but indecision in what to do is absolutely killing me.

3 Likes

Do you ever have any kind of paranoia?

I am pretty anxious / paranoid daily, but it is markedly less since I started. When I started, I was like maybe an 7/10 in anxiety all the time, but now I’m about a 2 to a 3. Well enough to chat with my parents fairly comfortably, depending on what I ate. If I ate inflammatory foods I’m usually too messed up to spend time with them, but if I eat well then it’s enjoyable.

3 Likes

Yes, daily nutrient supplements sound good right about now and if anyone takes a bite out of another clubhouse member’s food, they are going to pay. And yes, it’s not a price everyone can afford. My family is Hakka and if you break anything you can’t pay for, you can just pay in time.

Perhaps the third variable could be that the D.E.N
Is making the AP stronger .
Which is a win because you need less
But if you were to stop the AP there would be nothing like an antipsychotic to strengthen…
Idk…
Just a theory…
Since I also took D.E.N
And it was a negative experience due to dopamine sensitivity.
I have about 10months now off of my AP
My dystonia at night has subsided
By I get melt downs fail due to autism
And I have anger problems and obsessions
I get paranoia at night filled with distrustfulness of the people I care and love .
My diet consist of organic vegetables and fruits
Drinking hydrogenated water with distilled water
I like fermented foods with a probiotic mixture
Im also going to the gym every couple days
I am doing mantra and mediations.
I am currently taking
magnesium l threonate
Cbd 30mg 3x a day
Brahmi
Holy basil
Gaba
Ltheanine
Relora blend
5htp at night

I will be ordering some lions mane and shilajit soon…

But to be honest I think I might just end up getting on a small Antipsychotic
To help with the meltdowns I’ve been having…
Maybe the fact that I’m autistic doesn’t make it easier on me…

The stuff I do in my life and the things I’ve been taking have drastically helped a lot!
Maybe a small AP will be the cherry on the cake

I wonder if there are things I can take to lessen the impact on my body from the antipsychotic.(if I decide to take it anytime soon)
Some part of me really wants to try the new one coming out
Lumateperone

2 Likes

A low dose sedating antipsychotic would be good. Something atypical for less symptoms.

I pushed to get Haldol 2 mg because I read that it’s really effective for migraines, which I have.

2 Likes

Day 81 update:

I reduced my dose for a week back to 4-4-4 out of budgetary fears, but then I realized that this stuff was the only thing keeping my head pressure in check, so I upped the dose 50% to 5-5-5-4, even though it’s going to cost more.

No longer taking Amyloban 3399. Am taking Haldol 1-2 mg a day.

Symptoms are basically off now, I only hear them half-asleep. Pressure is very low and manageable.

My diet is just avoiding bread, dairy, nightshade vegetables, citrus, and strawberries. Super low fat, high carb.

I am now so mentally comfortable I can watch technical training videos to learn Python, 30 mins at a time, with 10 min breaks. I can work now!

3 Likes