Daily Essential Nutrients, a micronutrient supplement that helped me get past a symptom plateau

Good for you @naturallycured
Larry

1 Like

Why do you avoid citrus and strawberry?

Is there any hard evidence that daily essential nutrients will make my antipsychotics stronger? My psychiatrist doesn’t seem to believe nutrition can make any difference.

I’m taking a citric acid supplement now, it actually seems to be helping my arthritis.

A small subset of people get inflammation from citrus fruit. I think it has to do with a vitamin b5 deficiency or something. I can eat citrus fruit just fine upon testing it.

@livinthesun

https://www.hardynutritionals.com/article/clinical-reference/18-treatment-guidelines can give more details on that, particularly how mineral-mineral interactions can make Lithium 10 to 100 times more potent. The estimate is that other antipsychotics become 3 to 5 times more potent eventually.

3 Likes

Day 97 update:

Dose is 150% of normal. Had to up it because some days felt like I wasn’t improving.

My voices are basically off now. I only hear the odd quip when I’m half asleep, like a girl asked me in my mother tongue “What grade did you read up to?” But when I’m awake, there’s like nothing now voice-wise. No mumbles when I concentrate, just nothing but the sound of cars going by and the whirr of my space heater.

My head pressure is improving daily. I am definitely good enough to do home-based work now, but I don’t feel 90-100% “normal” and grounded where I can go out without stressing. More like 60-80%, depending on what I eat. Also feeling thought broadcasting weirdness here and there still.

I am thoroughly impressed by this medicine, every day I improve a little more.

2 Likes

@DragonStorm pls look in to this page,

Day 103 update:

This morning, I didn’t even hear half-asleep speech. Had a very distinct feeling of being “disconnected”, though there were little moments of thought broadcasting. Head pressure is on the cusp of feeling really good and comfortable, like before this whole schizophrenia mess.

When I don’t have headphones on, I hear nothing hallucination-wise. When I have my meditation prayer on, I hear a tiny bit of something hallucination-wise, but I also get the feeling that in a few days of this recovery I’ll be fully back to normal.

1 Like

congrates… try curcumin for arthritis … its great anti oxident … if u arent taking any anti oxident …

1 Like

I have that, I might take it just to see. Thanks!

1 Like

Ah snap, deleted my update post by mistake.

Okay, redoing it.

Day 110 of Daily Essential Nutrients:

Feel really good. No voices. Head is pain free, and maybe a 1 or 2 / 10 in pressure (am on 1 mg Haldol today. Might up to 2 in the evening.)

Regimen is Daily Essential Nutrients, Amyloban 3399, Orthomolecular meds of 500 mg Inositol Hexanicotinate x 2 (no-flush Niacin), and Vitamin C 500 mg x2.

I take some extra Vitamin C (1/4 tsp) when I feel flu-ey, it helps me feel normal in about a half hour.

For my Rheumatoid Arthitis I’m taking Aleve (Naproxen), and Citric Acid + Baking Soda. The last two make a bubbly drink, it’s basically like the medication Eno.

Rheumatic joints have low levels of Citric Acid in the joint fluid, it’s vital for dissolving the various painful crystals that form. Also, Citric Acid doesn’t make your blood acidic in small quantities, thankfully.

My negatives are willpower based. If I could just have an “a-ha” moment and sort my life out, I feel I would be motivated to do things. No unseen force is stopping me from doing that, it’s just laziness and learned helplessness at this point.

3 Likes

Day 124 of Daily Essential Nutrients:

This is a sombre update. A warning to people not to quit their antipsychotics fully. Lower it if you can, with a doctor’s guidance, but that last little bit of antipsychotic might be keeping your fragile house of cards intact.

I stopped taking my 2 mg Haldol cold turkey 3 days ago, and thought I could just soldier through the withdrawals. Well, my withdrawal was a headache that got so bad that I couldn’t function. The old feelings of being near death with head pressure started to resurface.

So, I won’t try that again. I think I’m faring better on a little bit of antipsychotic than none at all.

So, I’ll keep at this routine and give updates every week or so. I feel maybe 70% ok right now. I felt 85% ok before stopping Haldol, I kind of lost some progress with the inflammation damage.

I was just so confident in my mental well-being I thought I could just quit the low dose. Nope.

I might be on low dose Haldol for life, by the looks of it. Oh well.

I’m not super sharp like I was pre-schizophrenia, but I feel like I can accomplish things. Just need my head pressure to be manageable.

Also my heart rate is pretty high, like 130 when standing, ever since I stopped Haldol for 3 days and caused some damage. Used to be 100-ish.

So I’ll figure out how to reduce my heart rate to 100 or below, then get to work on something.

1 Like

Quitting Ap is not wise…!!! If possible try excersizing breathing or walk early in the morning or when ever posssible but one should be in empty stomach after 1 hour of taking food …

have a good day guys…

1 Like

Day 129 update:

Lowered my D.E.N. dose from 125% to the regular dose of 4 pills x3. Voices seem to be gone.

Regimen is 2 mg Haldol, taken in 0.5 mg amounts every 4 hours, D.E.N. regular dose, and Amyloban 3399 regular dose.

Head pressure is approaching normal. Occasional twinges of a little pain, but manageable.

I should start working now.

I’m exploring all options in my future towards lowering my AP and substituting with supplements. I read in the literature for DEN that anti acids such as omeprazole, lower your ability to absord DEN. I started taking prescription omperazole close to when I was first diagnosed. If I do one day lower my medication I would have to come off of the omeprazole to start taking DEN. My only problem with DEN is it’s 130$ per month if you’re taking 12 pills a day, which is what they recommend. Out of all the supplements I currently take it would be the most expensive supplement to sustain per year on my low income payments through SSI and SSDI.

1 Like

I wish it were cheaper, but it’s really worth it IMO.

I have no qualms with paying $130 CAD for it every month, especially if it’s responsible for my ability to work again.

If it really could reverse the effects of chemical dependence from psychotropic drugs. I would gladly pay the 130$ each month for the priceless value of mental well being. I’m just highly skeptical of any supplement that claims to cure and prevent diseases or should I say chemical dependencies from certain mind altering drugs such as AP’s and anti depressants.

Check out hardynutritionals.com for studies and testimonials.

I saw a forum post on curezone about someone that took it and put his schizophrenia in remission, which convinced me to try it.

I had nothing to lose at that point, having tried so many supplements already.

It seems to work well enough that I don’t need anything else. I might stop my Amyloban 3399 too.

I might add an omega 3 supplement for my arthritis, but that’s about it.

1 Like

I’m a firm believer in holistic healing. I believe exploring all other avenues of treatment before drugs should be introduced to treating someones illness.

1 Like

Day 135 update:

Currently Day 2 of no Haldol and Amyloban 3399. Head pressure and voices are being controlled by Daily Essential Nutrients, 2x 550 mg Turmeric with Bioperine, and 10 mg Loratadine (Claritin.)

Pressure is mild, kind of very minor hypomania feeling. I want less pressure though, so the next thing I’m going to try is a weak Pulsed Electrical Magnetic Field device on my head. Will get that in the next week or so. Device costs like $30 shipped, and $15 for the ballcap to keep it affixed to my head.

This device, it’s used to heal animal injuries:

There are conflicting studies with the PEMF, some say it heals the blood-brain barrier, and others say it hurts the barrier. I guess I’ll learn firsthand.

I want my regimen to be under $200 for the first month, and basically the cost of D.E.N. for every other month. The only drug I’m happy to be taking in perpetuity is D.E.N., since it supplies micronutrients the body actually needs.

1 Like

I’m going to start writing my book on my experiences. I’m pretty convinced I can manage without Haldol at this point.

2 Likes