Very slow progress-weight

Seem to have got stuck in the weighing every day camp(compulsion alert!) Weight has shot up 1.4 lbs since yesterday! There is no way I have had nearly 4000 calories over the top yesterday to gain that in a day. In fact I would say I had less calories than needed to maintain weight. If I was a woman I would say it’s time of the month coming up or water retention but I am not.
Feel very discouraged with my weight registering at above the level it was Monday before last.
Can’t also blame it on gaining muscle as I am not working out. Passed a motion yesterday so doubt it is that.

It feels as though I am making little progress and the temptation today to quit as it’s hopeless is strong.
Tempted to fast today ie really cut down the calories but not totally not eat and see how things go tomorrow.

Hey firemonkey, you should probably not weigh yourself everyday. Once a week at the same time, after you go to the restroom. It’s normal for the weight and water to fluctuate.

2 Likes

It’s probably the med you’re on. I went through that phase where I used to eat everything I see, it was Abilify, I gained about 25 kg with that and I was restless all the time. After switching meds, I lost all the weight and I exercise daily.

1 Like

i hope youre right but with my experience is that i gained alot of weight previously in my life without any AP involved. And my biggest fear is that i will return to not the level where i have willpower over myself but eat like a cow and enjoy it. also even if its caused by the meds i will have to train my ass off again to get in shape… you know how long it took me to seriously lose all of the weight from my teenage years? like 4 or 5 years. i dont want to go through that again just because of some ■■■■■■ up schizophrenia

1 Like

Weight lifting can speed things up a lot. Will give female much faster metabolism. Also once you lifted weights and female, you will need to eat calorie counts from 1500-1800 to lose any weight. Old 1200 diet calorie count will not budge scales for female who was ever in sports or weight lifter…

1 Like

I lost the 25 kg in 6 months. It was so fast. After I gained my sanity and confidence, it was the easiest thing to do. If you stop eating fast food and fatty stuff, you’re gonna stop craving them. I’m sure you can do it :o)

1 Like

Forgot to add, insomnia causes slowed metabolism in female resulting in harder time losing weight and then weight gain. Seroquel all the time or PRN tradazone/ambien could not hurt. All have few side effects except ambien will cause addiction problems if used long term…Ambien is only for few days of insomnia.

what sports were you doing during that time?

I just went for one hour walks during summer. I didn’t exercise at all during the diet but I was very strict. Banana for breakfast, 500-700 calorie lunch and 500 calorie vegetable/fruit smoothie for dinner. The weight just melted off quickly. Almonds and walnuts for snack. After I reached my goal weight, I did a program from Beachbody group, it’s called T25, it was 25 minutes bodyweight training, a lot of jumping and my body fat percentage reached 20% from 26%. Now I’m doing a weight lifting program just to tone up, it’s called Body Beast. These home exercise routines are cheap, effective and fun. I would get high after I did T25 with loud music. Exercise high is one of the best feelings.

3 Likes

i linked the everyday exercise high i got from jogging to my later schizophrenia. afterall its all related to dopamine somehow. so who knows now i start losing weight again and then after i get in good shape the breakdown start again… this is how comical my life is and i actually believe something like this may happen.

I can never get into exercise as the routines are often too fast paced and needing good co-ordination etc.
Was pleased to find out this morning that that extra weight gain has disappeared.
Did online grocery shop and have ordered a lot of vegetarian products.

It’s not looking good this week. Yesterday 235.8 . Today 236.2 although I had only 1300 of the 2700 calories I need to maintain weight yesterday. I expected to be around 235.4. Beginning to suspect sleep or lack of it might have a bearing on it allowing for time to get off to sleep I had about 4 hours. The other day when the reading went up nearly 1.5lbs it was on the back of a rather poor night’s sleep. Can tell I didn’t get enough as feel heavy eyed and am yawning.

Hoping today’s a temporary blip like the other day and weight drops for tomorrow’s “official” weigh in. If I manage 0.5 loss that will give me a little satisfaction.

Pruned off-topic posts to get thread back on track.

Pixel.
(Wearing moderator hat)

2 Likes

yeah sorry. the goal in losing weight for me was to cut out any candy, replace it by fruits. to eat alot of meat because its healthy for your muscles and has almost no calories eat alot of veggies with it because of vitamins and also no calories. its all about willpower really when youre dedicated to losing weight you dont feel a need to grab some candy and enjoy it with coffee or whatever you just drink the coffee alone and if the craving for sweets is too much eat a banana or an apple and thats it. also jogging or walking for an hour or atleast half an hour is important because it elevates your heartbeat in this time and if you elevate your heartbeat for 20 minutes constantly without interruption then you will not only burn calories but you will get an fatburner after effect which better your metabolism meaning you process calories alot better. i wish i could get my mind into this weight loss mentality again but its impossible due to the meds.

do you have a “beach body” now?

I think the meds certainly make it harder. I am sure they slow down the metabolism. I am participating in a weekly weigh in thread on another forum and whilst others not on antipsychotics( but some on antidepressants) are losing 2-3 lbs I am struggling to lose around a lb a week.

1 Like

Just been told salt could be the culprit. I had a vegetable Thai green curry yesterday and used extra paste as there wasn’t enough left to do an extra meal. Didn’t know that the curry paste has quite a lot of salt. Also a cuppa soup a few hours before going to bed which had high salt content.
The other day when my weight temporarily shot up I had made a vegetable soup the day before . It wasn’t full of calories but the top listed ingredient on the stock cube is salt.
I had not known about the salt factor. Had thought soup might be a good thing to have while trying to lose weight but maybe not.

Damn! I just gained like 4 more pounds - too much Mayo on my part, and I cut back on the walking a bit - got to get back on track.

It’s really hard to see the trend through the noise in my case…

Hey, I’m not really into the beach body image thing. I like to look a little athletic and healthy and fit. My goal is to lower my body fat percentage. There was a lot of controversies on that advertising.