Has anyone cured their thought broadcasting with meds?

Very curious about what works, and what doesn’t. I want out of the matrix already.

4 Likes

Take your meds dayli as prescribed and you’ll see results If the meds are compatible with you
If not tell your pdoc to change them
For me olanzapine did not do ■■■■, risperideon is my angel

3 Likes

Nobodys doing something???

1 Like

The only time I had thought broadcasting was for a brief time on heavy amps. Even when I’m manic I don’t have it but I would say Risperdal consta injections solved my problem if I had one.

1 Like

I’ve heard good things about Haldol depot stopping thought broadcasting.

There’s a post at
http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php?/topic/37158-from-abilify-to-thorazine/#elComment_402315 about it.

Quote from that thread:

Just wanted to jump in here. I was switched from Abilify to the Haldol injection back in '08 after my last bout of non-compliance and subsequent psychotic break. Having 2 years of experience with the injection I can honestly say agreeing to take it is the best decision I’ve ever made regarding my dx. This is because I have an extensive history of non-compliance and each relapse is always worse than the last. I’ve had no negative experiences with the injection. I’m able to function (higher than my peers), minimal thoughts of reference, -no thought broadcasting-, and no hallucinations. Honestly, my life has never been better. I have been sleeping a lot more and gained some weight since the Haldol but I (and my pdoc) believe this is due to my lifestyle and environment rather than the med. But, I am not a drooling, shuffling zombie. Haldol is the only typical I have experience with but I have taken almost every other atypical on the market. If I have the opportunity to switch back to an atypical I probably will decline and stay with the injection. It works that well for me. I’ve heard it’s only $5 per injection too but can’t confirm that for sure. Insurance pays and I don’t see any paperwork. I’ll try to remember to ask though. My great aunt started on Haldol in the 60’s and took it everyday until she died a year and a half ago in her mid 80’s.

I’m on haldol (pills and injection) and it’s worked the best for me, but it’s not totally under control.

1 Like

Yeah crazyboards was the first place I read reviews on haldol. I used to be a fat drooling zombie until I asked the support provided pdoc to switch me. Never looked back. The best thing about it is you can take tabs on top of it if your feeling off.

1 Like

Yes. It will get better.

Though it did take years for me…finally found a med that worked, or the illness had started to naturally wane. The side-effects can be a bitch, but even those seem to get better with time.

The thought broadcasting is such a weird symptom but I agree its debilitating. It certainly doesn’t make socializing or working very easy.

1 Like

I also have thought broadcasting I guess people can read my mind all the time. It’s really embarrassing so I stay away from people. I don’t want to think bad stuff about people and hurt their feelings or worse they reply to my thoughts. Tried lots of meds and nothing has worked

3 Likes

@everhopeful , I saw in an old post of yours that you overcame thought broadcasting with some medication. Can you please tell me which one it was?

Abilify.

15 characters.

1 Like

Ah, great. How much are you on?

I’m currently on 15 mg.

Thank you.

This is very interesting, to find that the two antipsychotics that work for thought broadcasting are also NMDA antagonists. The ones that don’t work for it are not NMDA antagonists. So, something like Clozapine, as strong as it is, will not block thought broadcasting! I base this information off of forum posts.

What’s more, I gave myself schizophrenia by upregulating my NMDA receptor density too much, from abusing Piracetam, and I now have this symptom.

I won’t go into methods of downregulating NMDA receptor density as that is best left to someone with a medical degree and more credibility, but this hopefully demystifies a very, very annoying schizophrenic phenomenon.

1 Like

Two more posts vouching for Abilify to stop thought broadcasting / mind reading (the linked post and the one after):

Another post about resolving thought broadcasting (this person only needed 0.5 mg Abilify once a week to stop it):

And one more from the same thread (this time 10 mg):

Note: I’m not biased towards Abilify (I’d like more choices, quite frankly), I’m searching multiple forums for the broad term “Thought Broadcasting” and reading the hundreds of posts for potential cures, and all I’ve come across are Haldol and Abilify, the NMDA antagonists.

If you ever have some overwhelming thought broadcasting experiences, like the TV and radio start talking to you, and not just at you, and strangers start responding to your thoughts, I’d recommend you try a low dose of Abilify to stop it, based on this info I’ve gathered.

I’m not arguing whether thought broadcasting is real or not, it sure feels real, and simply willing it away does not work. Something’s up with the brain chemistry that needs fixing, and I strongly believe it is an overly-upregulated NMDA receptor density.

I still have thought broadcasting, anti psychotic meds didnt help that much. But I’m sure anxiety plays a part in thought broadcasting because you’re nervous and you start assuming things.

1 Like

I’m on a max dose of paliperidone, which helps with voices, but not with thought broadcasting. My house is quiet, so I feel fine in it, but as soon as I go out in public I start feeling like people are talking about me and responding to my thoughts. It’s pretty BS.

Anxiety definitely makes it worse, but it even happens when I’m comfortable at home and people are walking around outside chatting.

1 Like

Ditto to that @naturallycured

1 Like