Food poverty

March has been hard for us. How about y’all? Do you budget and does it help? I used my last fifty bucks on food this morning. I know there are food pantries here. So I might have to go to one. It’s sucks because we don’t get expensive food and take it easy.

6 Likes

I started buying and eating a lot of Ramen last month and at the beginning of March. I buy the cheapest food I can get. I’m broke for the rest of the month but I have enough food for the rest of the month too.

6 Likes

I hope so porcupine that you’ll be okay. It’s one of my pet peeves to see someone go hungry.

4 Likes

I’ve had to use the food bank here in town the last couple of months cuz my food stamps ran out. But I’m lucky cuz my clubhouse serves lunch and breakfast on weekdays.

5 Likes

Do you get SNAP benefits, or anything similar? Maybe you could check to see if that is available. I wouldn’t worry about having to go to the food pantries. If it’s needed you deserve it.

4 Likes

Oh I understand the struggle with getting both ends meet when I was alcoholic 20 years ago.

4 Likes

The hardest months are with 31 days. Yeah we do. It’s not much but we stretch it out.

4 Likes

I hear you…we are food poverty too…we get one good cooked special dinner a month. and even then it feeds us for a week when we get that meal…we are ok, it could be a lot better, but then again, it could be a lot worse.

1 Like

Yea same. It’s such a basic human right that has no business happening. The world is MASSIVE! way more than enough land to grow food, yet like 1% of the people own probably 90% of the worlds free land and they just hold it.

Sad world… But it only makes us poor people stronger :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

If I could I would send all of you who are struggling to get both ends meet a check to sponsor some food.

1 Like

There are many people who have to go to food banks everywhere in the world. There is nothing wrong with going to the food bank if you needed it. We had one discussion thread earlier here on the forum.

1 Like

Yeah I know. We need to take care of each other sometimes.

1 Like

Food prices just keep rising which is happening also everywhere. Many people have no money for food. In some countries the situation is catastrophic.

No. I was able to get food from Walmart.com and I’m hoping that will feed me and my daughter next month. But if we run out, I’m allowed to get one bag from the food pantry 3 times in a year. And honestly if I need to, I could make phone calls to get help, but I try not to do it.

3 Likes

I wish I could buy a whole basket of groceries for someone who has a child or children. Help them find pantries. Sit with them and eat and talk about whatever.

I’m sorry leaf. Are you gonna be okay? Hugs rox

1 Like

Yes, I will for sure. It’s just one month of getting by, then I’ll be fine after that. Hugs. I hope you all do ok.

2 Likes

There is one good web site from where I get my numbers. For example food inflation in Ukraine is very high:

Food Inflation in Ukraine last 31.8 previous 33 percent Feb/23

1 Like

Are you from Ukraine?

No, I am from Finland, living here near the Russian border in Northern Europe.

2 Likes