What is your estimate, how far out is a cure for schizophrenia?

The awareness I am speaking of is complete. Meaning the complete awareness of reality and why it is as it is.

This includes knowing what reality is and how to create it. No stone is left unturned.

I think it depends on what you mean by cure.

If you mean a one time shot or course of pills, probably not for a very very long time.

If you mean a comprehensive program of personalized theraputics (medication, supplements, diet, exercise, rehabilitation, potentially cell and gene therapy, etc) to get you back most functioning, then I think in the range of 20-30 years.

1 Like

I guess im the only szphrenic who doesnt want to be cured from sz. Because i dont wanna see this world clearly.

I hope thereā€™s a cure soon!

1 Like

Me too! @anon21849028 15151515

1 Like

i would say by next tuesday ;p

4 Likes

Ive read about some people who really cured their schizophrenia, my aunt cured her schizophrenia, and there is a lot of testimonies in the internet

The ability to prevent new cases? 20-30 years. The ability to cure current cases? Wonā€™t happen.

My opinion.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I donā€™t see a cure ever happening.
Not in my lifetime but it could happen centuries from now.

I do believe that there will be meds that will erase all symptoms.

This will occur decades from now.

2 Likes

I have done a hole lot of studies and have bet through a hole lot of testing with all kinds of deviceā€™s and after all that has been shared with me by the master of medicine. they are share the variety of people vastly differ when it come to this illness that millions of cure it would take to cure us all. so now I would sayā€¦its not going to happen, why you may ask. developmental damage can not be repaired in adults and some kids after birth.

1 Like

Not in our lifetimes. Your best bet is antipsychotics.

2 Likes

Third generation and 4th generation antipsychotic might help in great dealā€¦!!!

They are specially for negative and cognitive symptoms !!! Holyā€¦!!!

1 Like

Good morning @anon68148378ā€¦ whats happeningā€¦
Have u reached ur officeā€¦!!!

1 Like

No @far_cry0, havenā€™t bath yet, its raining whole night and now. I think today is rain holiday. I am tired to request for site with my boss and today I decided to not to go to office.
I want to say about cure is if anybody doesnā€™t understand the schizophrenia, cure is impossible. It is necessary to understand the hallucinations basically to understand the mind in that sense " brain out of the body and interact with other minds too " . It is nonsense to totally disagree with hallucinations.
Mainly in my schizophrenia others mind also involved, so if I could do treatment of my body but how to others.
Sorry for poor English.

1 Like

Its okay @anon68148378 ā€¦!!! Sz is really complexā€¦!!!

Nobody could understand Szā€¦!!! Not even scientist ā€¦ cure is 30 years aheadā€¦ freak it manā€¦!!!

2 Likes

Being how our medication is still riddled with terrible side effects, I expect a cure to psychotic disorders to be at least a hundred years from now. There is just too much unknown about psychotic conditions. Scientists barely know where to begin. I would though sincerely hope I am wrong, a cure for these disorders cannot come soon enough

2 Likes

You all realize that saying that there will be a cure at some time period without any evidence for it to be is very stupid? I mean you are literally just throwing out some random date that you think there will be a cure without citing any kind of scientific, research paper or anything at all that would lead someone with half a brain to think otherwise.

This thread is useless and dumb.

1 Like

Iā€™m making a guess based on not quite half a century of life experience and the technological advancements Iā€™ve experienced over that time. Star Trek was on TV the year I was born and it featured some pretty crazy technology that people never dreamed theyā€™d see in their lifetimes. Now I have a smartphone in my pocket that beats the ass off of Captain Kirkā€™s communicator. Many more interesting things just around the corner, Iā€™m sure.

2 Likes

Could be tomorrow. I think weā€™re at the end of the dopamine antagonists. I hope I got the right. Our next generation drugs will affect the negatives and itā€™ll come through research to other mental illness. A heap of money is getting spent on alzhiemers and dementia as the western world has populations aging! I suspect something will come along and itā€™ll be like Lithium was to bipolars.

Itā€™ll be groundbreaking. Whether tomorrow or in ten years we should see some progress!

3 Likes

6 Likes