What is the worst disease you can think of to have?

I would think brain cancer or Alzheimer’s would be the worst. Anything that effects your mind like that.

4 Likes

Sz comes very close

2 Likes

Cancer by far is the most destructive disease I’ve ever seen

3 Likes

Yes, I had a sister die very young from cancer. Cancer definitely sucks.

1 Like

That would be up there for me.

1 Like

Alzheimer’s and dementia, parkinsons, ALS

Anything that takes your mind or body but leaves you living.

James Doohan “Scotty” from Star Trek had both Alzheimer’s and Parkinsons…brutal.

7 Likes

I would think Lou Gehrig’ s disease would be the worst your body just stops working and your mind stays the same.

4 Likes

yea Lou Gehrig"s is up there for me, terrible.

1 Like

I d k…probably cancer…

1 Like

I agree. Being locked in and powerless seems to be a very bad thing.

My view on schizophrenia is that at least we have a form of treatment that works for a lot of people

Many other things are yet to be cured, and stuff like cancer is far more deadly and a horrible way to die.

We suffer with Schizophrenia sure, but it doesn’t have to be the death sentence it once was

I think people need to remember that, and appreciate the immense suffering of other people with Schizophrenia before there were medications, and when you got detained permanently in an asylum…

There is a lot to be thankful for from our end even though it may not feel that way sometimes. Have some hope

2 Likes

Cancer for sure. I’m watching dad’s girlfriend go through radiation for lung cancer. It’s horrible.

1 Like

Deadly cancers like lung cancer are horrible. Some cancers are easy to treat. AIDS is horrible too.

2 Likes

Also deadly viruses with no treatment or vaccine etc

2 Likes

Imagine schizophrenia before AP. I can’t imagine life before 2nd gen AP’s. I’d have been ■■■■■■

3 Likes

I lived with sz before 2nd generation AP’s. It was murder indescribable.

2 Likes

I’d imagine Progeria would be pretty terrible.

1 Like

Yeah dementia is a nightmare.
You slowly lose your identity.

1 Like

Even though its rare in humans, id say having Rabies is one of the worst ways to die.

1 Like

Neurofibromatosis or NF (elephant man disease), is one of the worst diseases on earth in my book. It causes tumor growth inside and and outside the body for horrible disfigurement. And very often, the tumors are cancerous.

Many in my immediate family have this condition.

1 Like

I hated it when I had warts on my face when I was a young man. It was embarrassing.

1 Like