Schizophrenia.com

What is the worst disease you can think of to have?

Seriously though. Having colon surgery or cancer, and having to wear a colostomy bag. COPD and being on oxygen is pretty bad too.

1 Like

Id say schizophrenia nothing sucks the life out of you like being on antipsychotics

1 Like

Schizophrenia isn’t the worst, because it doesn’t kill you.

My vote is for Alzheimer’s.

Also being blind and/or deaf would be horrible. I think I could live with deafness, but not blindness. Same goes for being paralyzed from the neck down. So even though I have a rough disorder I know I’m better off than I could be and try to take comfort in that.

1 Like

Parkinsons is like ball park opposite to sz but it’s one where you have your faculties and lose function. It’s pretty brutal when you see someone with it. Sz may not be cureable but it’s treatable for most these days…

1 Like

Sadly, there are many terrible diseases and medical conditions. Some you don’t hear about much as they are rare. I remember years ago watching a documentary called The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off. It was about a man (Jonny Kennedy) in the UK who had a rare inherited condition known as dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa. I felt so sorry for that poor man and the pain and suffering he went through.

2 Likes

I have a neurological disease that makes my legs really stiff. But I personally think cancer is worse than this. There are a lot of horrible diseases out there.

1 Like

Lungcancer, other cancer.

1 Like