What did your illness taught you?

Among other stuff, sz taught me that sometimes I need to rely on others more than I’m comfortably doing so.

And there was a surprise. I couldn’t rely on anyone other than my close family, which I’m very grateful for.

Like two sides of the same coin.

10 Likes

Strange though, but to be more simple as a person. More grounded. More accepting.

Before illness I was very egoistic - untill all my friends left me, surprisingly, people which I was trusting the most, left me too.

All the attention I was getting before illness suddenly was gone.

So my priorities had to change. Dream of being popular, loved, or admired by lots of people diminished. I understood that only few people honestly care.

6 Likes

I’ve learned a lot about life from literature through the lens of my voices. That makes any sense?
I guess I continue to just have a wild imagination

3 Likes

Should I read your comment and then wstch the video, or do both at the same time?
:rofl:

2 Likes

Lol haha you should be taking notes on all the names in the credits and reading their bios cuz they’re geniuses

1 Like

Though the pithy oboe or whatever it is can easily be the soundtrack to my life

1 Like

To be honest I ignore everything related to “voices”

1 Like

Two sides of the same coin…

1 Like

Truth truth, indeed.

I would never repeat psychosis by itself, but it showed what kind of people were surrounding me.

2 Likes

My voices forced me to improve my diction, rhetoric, and speech. They would literally attack me if I were to speak improperly to them. For example they forced me to say “with regards” rather than “in regards”.

Also I have arguments with them all the time. So they keep me on my toes in that sense and have forced me to formulate more coherently thought out, founded, opinions.

This is why I know @shutterbug is a curmudgeon for example. We debated it. And my voices seem to be correct this time.

3 Likes

But I’m certainly not here to argue for voices.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted my voices to do something cool like speak in a foreign language properly. Something I don’t know, but they always say that they have to rely on my body of knowledge to draw from in whatever effort they engage in. It’s kind of boring. It’s only like rumination in that sense

2 Likes

■■■■ already and tell me about your date!!! (Loool is a joke, sorry :pray:t4:)

Nah, I get it. I used to obsessively enjoy more the music (hidden messages) I was listening. Literature and movies obtained a new whole meaning.
But I decided to live more simple, idk if this makes sense to you.

1 Like

The amount of life I have left is finite and I refuse to waste it on stupid things.

5 Likes

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if this is really useful.

1 Like

No it does. I need to do it too. It’s not cool that I have a completely personal and intense architecture to Jim Henson’s work hehehe.
I’m like forcing my significant other to watch children’s television and being like :grinning: don’t you get it??

No your simple life sounds good.

1 Like

What a cantankerous response hahahaha

1 Like

At least there’s no problem with me saying one thing to your face and another behind your back.

2 Likes

Who are you talking to about me? :joy:

1 Like

:pray:t4:
Sorry bro :sweat_smile:

1 Like