What did your illness taught you?

To appreciate the little things in life and not take them for granted.

3 Likes

Smile in the face of madness.
By knowing it first hand.

2 Likes

It’s amazing how many things we take for granted, that we shouldn’t.

2 Likes

Not to judge others too much

3 Likes

Unfortunately this doesn’t apply to the others towards us.

1 Like

There is a lot of ignorance even sometimes qualified and experienced psychiatric staff can be ignorant

2 Likes

I think I’m just getting enough insight to start to learn anything. One thang for damn sure… You need other people!

And I think I’m developing morality…before I literally never thought about morality lol

Also … I realize even though my life was far from perfect I never understood suffering until this crap happened.

I think I know who my best self is but getting there will be a seriously difficult journey :pray:t5:

3 Likes

Some psychologist made a study about unhapiness. There was a clear correlation between people who had their “ideal self” too far away from their real self. Those were the most unhappy people.

Be kind to yourself! I know it’s a cliche, but it has it’s meaning…

What do you mean by this? Can you put an example?

2 Likes

that sz hit me was inevitable…it taught me to accept the illness eventually and just try to be happy regardless…only possible for me to find happiness after I got on some meds that didn’t hinder me sexually or weight gain…

2 Likes

Straight to the point! It’s great that you found those meds @jukebox

2 Likes

It taught me humility and that life isn’t fair. It made me way less judgmental of others and to see the good in others despite making me an atheist.

4 Likes

Best not to listen to your voices, including for grammar advice. Both are incorrect The correct usage is “with regard to” or “in regard to” (regard not regards). Or you could say “as regards” or “regarding”.

4 Likes

Thank you! This helps

3 Likes

Thanks bro!! I definitely try to be kind to myself…it took a while tho.

As far as the moral thing… I just did dirt and bad stuff and didn’t even care I’d I was hurting someone else. Feeling Soo abused has forced me to look at the effect that others actions have on people. When I’m about to do something I usually try not to be harmful in my actions these days . I still commit small crimes like piracy but as far as real harm I think I have become harmless.

Before I had empathy and felt bad for other people’s issues too but when it came to how I lived my life I never considered other people at all.

With all the fu cked up ■■■■ in my head now I see very clearly the path I want to take. It’s hard sometimes because I get angry when I feel abused and start to think really negative thoughts but I’m trying… to stay a good person through all of this mess

4 Likes

I had a conversation with Tuna just now, about how this illness teaches you how to be humble by force.

People take the chance to get revenge/advantage on you. That I’ve experienced in my own skin. And at that moment, you’re helpless. The shock lasts for years, and you become some sort of a human shell.

You know this already. It gets better with time.

6 Likes

My illness taught me people want to help me. My illness taught me people want the best for me.

3 Likes

Truth if I ever heard it bro …

1 Like

That’s awesome @Dude1. Positivity.

1 Like

It taught me I took life for granted and I enjoys the little things now.

3 Likes

I have learned those things too @dreamer54

I have also learned to just sit and be idle with nothing to do. I have spent so much time in hospitals doing that so I’ve learned.

3 Likes