What are you reading 2?

I have The Testament by John Grisham, No One Left To Tell by Karen Rose, The Russia House by John Lecarre, and No Humans Involved by Kelly Armstrong.

I’m trying to read a book every 2 days. I finished the last 5. What are you reading?

6 Likes

I just got Finding Chika by Mitch Albom for Christmas. I’ll read that next.

2 Likes

Oh, that sounds good. I’ve not heard of that one. Let me know all about it!

Yaaaaaay, @CoCo!

I’m reading a romance novel lol.

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with that! My libido stays on hyper drive, so I only read romance novels when I know I can, ummmmm nevermind lol

2 Likes

Too funny!!! I read them because I get tired of analyzing literature. When I read something really interesting, like Twain or Hawthorne or Faulkner, I feel the need to pick it apart and really figure it out, every nuance. I don’t like non-fiction unless it pertains to literature I’m studying (i.e. history).

Oh- and I skip the “sexy” parts. They are too unrealistic in my opinion, and they do nothing for me. I feel kinda dirty if I read them.

I’d like to add I’m reading paranormal romances, so the lovemaking scenes are a bit different. Just not my thing.

2 Likes

I’m too sexy for this book lolol

2 Likes

What is your favorite genre? Favorite author(s)? Favorite book? Time period? Subject?

Sorry for all the questions. Just curious about others’ reading habits.

1 Like

I’m currently reading a horror manga. The title of it is Uzumaki.

It’s really good! I’m only about 70 pages into it though.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the last year or two, I read Jester by James Patterson. It was a period piece. I like period pieces or place specific pieces. Mostly fiction. However, I just finished Killing Lincoln, and, non fiction.

I used to be way deep into Stephen King. I shouldn’t have watched the movies. Ick! I do love his creativity, though.

2 Likes

I like 19th C. authors the best (as you can see above, I’m sure). I am also a huge fan of medieval literature. Chaucer is one of my favorites because he so creatively told stories of the issues of the times in a way that kept him from blame.

2 Likes

@JustTrish, it’s about the daughter he adopted in real life. Should be good

1 Like

I’m just finishing up “Don Quixote de la Mancha”. It’s really good but it’s 1,000 pages long. It’s taken me forever to get through it but, what a ride! I have about 36 more pages to go.

5 Likes

I think you would like Jester by Patterson. It’s set in the Crusades. This book really gets the imagination going. I may read it again. I selfishly kept that book, and gave the rest to our Rec Hall. Our community has hundreds of books that anyone can read that lives here.

I LOVE TO READ! Lol

4 Likes

Oh, @CoCo, that does sound intriguing! That would be something I could read… I would enjoy reading that.

1 Like

@SkinnyMe, when I have that much time invested in a book, I always hope that the end suits me. I sometimes mourn a book after I’m done with it. Have you ever felt this way?

Congrats! You’ve almost finished it!

1 Like

The Civil War: A Narrative by Shelby Foote. It’s three books of a thousand plus pages each.

:innocent:

3 Likes

Skunky: You da man. That’s all I gotta say LOL.

I’m struggling to finish a 300 page book about directing. I’m sort of taking a little break from it.

3 Likes

Lol! Oh please don’t give me that much credit. I’m still on book one a year later and it’s a smaller font so it takes a while plus there is lots of stuff to research on the side. Right now I’m looking into Ironclads and those battles.

2 Likes

Leonardo Da Vinci bio

2 Likes