Anyone reading lately?

Ive gotten right into a recently published dark fantasy fiction series called the empire of the wolf. Im half way through the first book called the justice of kings. Really addictive so far. Some call it legal fantasy because it involves a heavy amount of laws, morals and debates throughout and written by an actual litigator irl (richard swan). I like that the magic in it is sparsely used. Makes it more thrilling when it actually happens.
Anyone else been reading something interesting or wanting to?

4 Likes

1 Like

Sounds like a good book.

I’m reading this really good book too.

It’s about life questions and the author answers them.

1 Like

I just finished a historical fiction book called Stalking Jack the Ripper. Its young adult. Picked up another book from the same author today called Escaping from Houdini. Im excited!

1 Like

That sounds interesting Zoe. What kind of life questions are asked?
I love a book that delves deeply into philosophical ideas regardless of whether it might be fiction or nonfiction.

1 Like

Those sound cool. Historical figure themed. My gf is obsessed with y.a fiction. She has like hundred’s on a big shelf in our room. I like to keep my book collection out in the living room.

1 Like

Yes it’s quite a good read too, like your book is.

I can’t talk about the themes as they are inappropriate for this website.

1 Like

Ahh nice haha :smile:.

1 Like

That’s awesome!! I have way too many books if im being honest. Mainly fiction some YA. I tend to go for spooky-ish stuff. But delce into fantasy, science fiction, etc.

2 Likes

Nice yeah i love me some dark fantasy and some dystopian sci fi. Ive read a fair bit of nonfiction too. More than half my books are nonfiction. Like history, war, politics, religion.
But theres nothing better than some escapist fiction. Temporarily forgetting our real world and circumstances haha.

1 Like

Is it like Game of Thrones? I read a lot of fantasy in the past but still reading most nights.

I’m re-reading the Thomas Covenant series again. It’s been a long time so started on the first one…just getting there and doing some Conan because you can get it cheap on kindle and it’s so good for swords and sorcery and it’s more swords at that!

and…going to read a technical magazine about electric cars. Gotta know the ins and outs in case I win the lotto! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m re-reading The Little Prince. I love the story and the illustrations.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d say it is kinda. But i havent read or watched much of game of thrones. I did watch that prequel to game of thrones and liked it though.
But the Justice of Kings is much more interesting to me so far. Im going to order the next ones from amazon in a couple days when i get paid. Ive tried here and there to read on my phone, but i still havent really been able to like it. I would save space and money though if i was to like reading on a screen.

1 Like

Nice. I recently re-read a short childrens book so i could show my gf. I loved it as a kid. Its called The Rabbits. Its pretty much about the English colonizing Australia. Insanely good art in that one!

1 Like

l’m listening to the audio book “life” by keith richards…finished danny trejo book…excellent.

1 Like

I’ve been lazy with reading lately, but I plan to start “A Clockwork Orange” over again. That or “One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.”

1 Like

Oh yeah nice. Noteworthy individuals!

1 Like

Oh really? I have both of those books at home! A clockwork orange was the most difficult thing to try to read. What with the crazy slang words constantly used. I couldnt get through it.
And i do want to finish reading one flew over the cuckoos nest. I havent got very far in that one either. Do you know if the entire book is told from the persepectice of the mute native american dude?
You’ve got awesome taste in books from those two examples. Not for the faint of heart! :grinning: @PhotoGuy

That’s what I’ve noticed for A Clockwork Orange, but I’ve seen the movie so many times I can “get the jist” of what they’re saying.

And yeah I heard Cheif is the teller of the story! He has schizophrenia. He thinks there are microphones on his mop or broom.

1 Like

It’s like indisipherable to me! Haha.

Yea, I’ve only read the first couple chapters of cuckoos nest. It was interesting reading from his crazy perspective. Wasn’t sure if it was like that through the whole book or not. The delusions and warped ideas he has about the staff and nurse Ratched and all that are hectic!
I can relate to him a lot. When ive been in my deepest psychotic episodes, I’m absolutely well beyond all semblances of sanity haha.