Visual hallucinations - what has been your experience?

I get vivid visuals pretty damn often. Does anyone else get that? Because I’ve yet to see a post about it or someone talk about it

3 Likes

I’ve never had a hallucination before myself(besides one time a hypnopompic one) but I have done polls on peoples symptoms while psychotic and there are a fair amount of people here who have visual hallucinations.

I have a lot of visuals, but I wouldn’t say they were too intense. A lot of floaters, shadows, fractals. And dogs. I see a lot of dogs. Today I saw a Saint Bernard.

Sometimes I see more disturbing things, like decapitated heads.

Overall I don’t mind them at all. They don’t usually jolt or scare me. I see em and I carry on.

Last night there was a shadow going around my room tapping on sht. That was more annoying than anything.

2 Likes

I commonly have visual hallucinations,

Especially not that I’m not on APs.

I see scary things occasionally.

Mostly just the same people over and over.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m completely desensitized to it. But mine seem a bit different sometimes I can talk to them if it’s a person I’m seeing, other times I see little girls crawling from under my bed telling me they’re gonna kill me. Children sitting next to me. Dead baby’s. Sometimes empty rooms seem crowded just some examples @fractaled

@Bowens oh anytime I ask about them no one answers or say they don’t get them

2 Likes

Yea it gets a bit wild if I’m not on meds but it still never scares me. Sometime I actually enjoy it

I’ve talked to people I’ve hallucinated before too, but yours seem far more intense than mine.

1 Like

Hmm well at least our brains are absolute gangsters and can handle it @fractaled lol

1 Like

Well they are definitely here.

1 Like

Also ty. Your the first person I’ve talked to that gets them… we seem to be an elusive people haha

1 Like

Fck yeah :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I got you. I’m rather new here and just never saw it befor but thank you😊

1 Like

Maybe a lot of them just don’t have them anymore on meds. IDK.

1 Like

The only thing that kinda bothered me for like a second was a hooded person in the corner chanting. And my brother said he uses to see that same thing, same place. Nooow he has absolutely no me tal issues so that made me think a bit. But still no merit to it scarring me

1 Like

Yeah that’s possible I know they’ve dulled* sence I’ve been on meda

I hate auto correct

1 Like

It for real thanks. I don’t feel as alienated @fractaled @Bowens

2 Likes

Question: Can visual hallucinations be so real that they are indistinguishable from real people?

Both A Beautiful Mind and Words on Bathroom Walls implied this, but my visuals were always like see-through. As in, hologram style. I can’t imagine seeing what looked like a real person, that would be really scary… but I figured people seeing people and thinking they’re real was just seeing a ‘hologram’ combined with a delusional belief that hologram people are real people, rather than the hallucination itself being realistic.

1 Like

What scares me is when they move sht in front of me. More disconcerting than scary really. Especially when they put resistance on something I’m holding, and I feel the push. There’s something magnetic about it.

1 Like

Usually only in a psychosis type state

1 Like

But that’s just me… when I see someone that doesn’t belong and my mind is somewhat clear they have a certain hmmm energy? Around them… kinda like they’re outlined