Visual hallucinations - what has been your experience?

I’ve thought about that befor and what I’ve told myself is it’s kinda like a catatonic reaction like idk bout anyone else but i contort like a mother ■■■■■■ my shoulder is actually ■■■■■■ up rn because I bent it so far

1 Like

I didn’t read your whole post I’m sorry @agent101g

1 Like

A lot of my visuals are very life like, but if it weren’t for odd things, I wouldn’t know they were hallucinations.

For example, if the cat who was talking to me (externally), didn’t talk to me, or wasn’t about 3 ft tall, I wouldn’t have known he was a hallucination. Otherwise he was solid, and acted much like a normal house cat.

I do sometimes worry maybe some people I see, or even animals, aren’t actually there.

1 Like

Certain things I see are just so impossible I know it’s fake even if it looks real. Other things I do think are real at least for a moment. For example I see my ex a lot and it like snaps my kids d for a minute and I try talking to her SNAPS MY MIND wtf is with auto correct lol

1 Like

Lol we ain’t so different you and I :joy:

1 Like

Oh okay thanks for answering my question, I’m sorry if it bothered anybody to ask, I was just curious how accurate the movies I’ve seen are. As far as voices go, I’ve heard voices that were indistinguishable from real voices.

1 Like

Np bro we’re hear because it helps to talk about it. For me at least

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve experienced this. There were times I’ve been so in my head I didn’t move for hours, but I don’t think it’s equable.

1 Like

You mean contorting? @fractaled

1 Like

I mean being frozen, or stuck, so deep in your mind, you don’t even consider moving, but I don’t think it would be catatonia.

1 Like

I could always tell the difference between reality and my visual hallucinations.

My visuals looked like they were made of energy, and they were translucent, and I saw them with my mind, not with my eyes, but they where “out there” not inside my head. Usually heads floating around. Very strange.

I don’t have them anymore since being on meds.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I’m a little confused on what Catatonia really is. But I think contorting is defiantly in that category🤷‍♀️

1 Like

So am I, and I don’t want to presume.

1 Like

May I ask what meds? Jw honestly idk if I would want to give up my visuals… I’m very lonely and sad and certain things I see actually make me feel less alone and miserable

1 Like

Yeah I just know it happened to me when I was locked up and my neck bent so far back I thought it was gonna break. The doctor said it was Catatonia

1 Like

I’d miss my visuals and tactiles too. They’re comforting to me.

1 Like

Weird ain’t it?

1 Like

I could do without the dead baby’s and little girls trying to kill me but. Take what ya can get haha

1 Like

I was on olanzapine at first, I am now on Lurasidone.

I also saw these visuals shoot out of peoples faces sometimes, that was disturbing sometimes if I was having a conversation with them.

It was a surreal experience but I don’t miss them.

2 Likes

Loll I’ll take the bad with the good. I honestly don’t mind the bad ones I see, but I don’t feel fear like others feel fear, I suspect.