The Exercise Thread #2

A thread about exercise. Whether you walk 10 minutes a day or lift some weights here is the place to tell your stories and your gains. Most new research suggests that exercise helps with mental illness so even a brisk walk done regularly will help you out. If you haven’t for a while see your gp and check things like your heart but for those able to lets hear your stories with exercise!

13 Likes

First!!!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Okay, so I basically have a Y membership on hold. I have had so many doctor appointments that I haven’t been able to do much else. Everything has been neglected, including the Y.

I don’t know how to get started, but I need those water classes!

4 Likes

4 rounds of stair climbing.
15 Burpees without push ups.
2 sets of 15" rotisserie workouts.

Didn’t exercise yesterday.

2 Likes

Back today. Was a rainy morning but fine afternoon but ended up mowing the yard and didn’t go for a run. So legs tomorrow but more rain expected. Will see how it goes but weights going well.

3 Likes

I walk 90 minutes today AT more 5 km by hour and i decreased my calories intake to 900 calories, now i eat 2400/2450 calories and since i do this i Lost 20 kilograms since 27 february 2023, m’y weight IS 118,8 kilograms today.

4 Likes

I just signed up for water aerobics and the Tai Chi class they call EnerChi at the Y. I had to buy a new bathing suit because the one I have doesn’t fit properly. With my health insurance, I get YMCA membership free. Are you on disability? If so, do you have a Medicare Advantage Plan? They usually come with either silver and fit, or silver sneakers, even if you’re under 65. With those, you get a list of gyms you can go to for free. It’s great.

4 Likes

I did my morning walk.

3 Likes

big ass 300 calorie salad… been eating these a lot and finally lost about 6 pounds total… sitting at 202… i recon ill be below 200 before the weekend ends so im happy :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I do have SSDI, but I declined medical and pharmaceutical coverage as I get it through hubby. I have an approved application at the Y; I just have to go down there. I plan to start with water and work my way to yoga. I bought a new suit too, plus a gym bag and lock for a locker. I’m ready; I just have to go.

3 Likes

That’s great @Happy_H ! I’m glad you’re already all set. I hope you enjoy the aqua class.

1 Like

I think I will. I hope you like your classes, too. Tai chi is very interesting. I like martial arts but can’t participate. Pool exercises are fine, even if I don’t trust the water. :wink:

1 Like

Right now, I’m too out of shape to do most martial arts. But tai chi is slower so I’m hoping I can do it.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Damn, your steps are impressive. I try to do a 30 min walk a couple times a week, but only get like 3.5k steps out of it.

3 Likes

I’ve still been lifting consistently and eating at least 100g protein per day. Hoping the dedication pays off.

3 Likes

I did my morning walk before it got too hot. Tomorrow I am going swimming at the lake.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Before lunch and 30 minute leg workout done with the weights. I hate leg day but feel better for getting it done. I’m up to 11,000 steps and been doing about 17,500 a day for a week which is good but my active, heart raising minutes have been down.

It’s raining again so should have got out early for a run but I’ll get there.

4 Likes