The 10,000 Step Club (trackers and apps)

If you don’t know what the 10,000 Step Club is, read this first.

This thread is to support people who want to know more about fitness trackers and the apps they’re compatible with. For those with neither, we’ll figure out a solution for you.

Post your tracker and app questions or comments.

1 Like

I gave my Fitbit to my kid a year and a half ago, so I’m out of touch with Fitbit. Hopefully there is someone else here who knows about their stuff. I’m a Samsung Health and Samsung Gear user. My tracker is a Samsung Gear Fit 2. I can definitely help Samsung users.

I’ve gotten up to 7985 steps in one day according to my iPhone’s health tracker.
That was when I had to take my mom out to pick up her medicine, and grocery shop.
I like the ‘tracker’ it keeps me from too much lazy.

2 Likes

I use a fitbit charge 2 combined with a gps tracker in my iphone. ( Walkmeter- a paid app which they now want a crappy high yearly fee or you get spammed with ads. Anyone know a better one let me know! ). My daily goal is 11,500 steps and I get there most days weather permitting!

2 Likes

I use my iPhone as a step tracker.
It’s built in.
I walked over 11500 steps the other day.

3 Likes

I found some dirt cheap pedometers on eBay:

@firemonkey, is it realistic for you to get one of these? It might help.

I looked on eBay UK the cheapest were all from China/Hong Kong with a delivery date late May to late June.
Looked on Amazon for a 4* or above one the cost is around 10x as much.

They DO show up on eBay, but they take a while. That’s why the shipping is so cheap.

@anon51414962, some apps use GPS (useless indoors), but most use the accelerometers built into all new phones.

1 Like

I checked my phone’s app and I can enable GPS but it says it could drain battery faster. And I have a new phone btw so I will use it standard mode

I walked 6,066 steps yesterday.
This is a good day for me.

I got a Fitbit Alta as a gift for Christmas. I like it. My steps have gone way up since my dad went into the hospital and assisted living. He is doing well but my responsibilities have increased a bit to keep him and the rest of my family comfy. I average about 7000 steps a day. I find that MyFitnessPal works much better for me now that I linked it to my Alta.

I just got this to help motivate me to walk more and it is cheap and reliable with tri-axis movement monitoring. It is £8.95 and is in the uk.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.