Suicidal thoughts

i can’t stop thinking about it. idk what to do.

Call a crisis center or a friend. Think of a good memory and hold onto it, and realize that more good memories can happen just like the one you are holding.

I have been there. Reaching out for help is a sign of strength, it is weak to not have what it takes to admit that you need help.

Watch this video

7 Likes

@darksith with need a bunny hug in here.

This is no joking matter though.

You’ll get through this svvs.

3 Likes

thank you both. i know ill get through this, its just tough right now.

3 Likes

Do something nice for yourself. Go get a chocolate bar/cookie. Take a hot bath.

If you need to talk we are here whenever…

What gets me suicidal sometimes is that it’s like my mind has dried up. No new thoughts and nothing is interesting. If only I could entertain myself and find things to appreciate, but it just doesn’t work like that anymore. It’s some sort of negative symptom. Really bothers me. Keeps my eyes glued to a screen so I don’t have to face the abyss.

If you are truly mentally ill this world will take care of you. Rest assured.

2 Likes

There just thoughts you don’t have to act on them. The ER is open 24/7 if needed as are the counselling lines. Also contact your doctor asap. Did something happen to trigger this btw? Some meds conflict especially things like over the counter diet products like the diet shake programs. Which conflict with antidepressants. Something to look at at any rate.

See if this helps any as well…

If you’re reading this, there is at least a small part in you that doesn’t want to die. Listen to it, and please read on.

Suicide is final – once it’s done, there’s no changing your mind. Since you have even the slightest of doubts, you owe it to yourself to stay alive.

You can always kill yourself later, why not wait? Even if you wait just one day, you may find a reason not to kill yourself in the meantime.

If you’re feeling suicidal, you’re probably in more pain than you know how to handle. There are ways to reduce the pain, and ways to learn to deal with pain. You can learn both - either way things will get better.

Just because you’re feeling suicidal doesn’t mean you have to act on that feeling.

Consider this – if you’re trying to escape from the pain you are in and seek relief, suicide is not the answer. You cannot feel relief, or anything else for that matter, if you are dead. You must stay alive in order to feel the relief you seek.

Often when feeling suicidal you feel alone. You are not alone – you found us didn’t you? Turn to your family or friends or a priest or a rabbi – anyone that will listen. If you don’t know whom to turn to
http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

By terminating your life right now, you terminate your future. Consider this – we create our own future. You have the power to create whatever future you wish for yourself. But you need to be alive in order to have that future.

If you’re sensitive enough to be in so much pain that you no longer want to live, you’re probably sensitive enough to care about, and want to help others. Maybe you don’t feel like helping anyone else right now, but why not help yourself? And perhaps by not killing yourself and overcoming your difficulties you can later help someone else who is in a similar situation.

Finally, don’t do it because I’m personally asking you not to. Whatever you’re feeling, whatever you’re going through, things can get better – I know because I’ve been there. Maybe I haven’t experienced exactly what you have, but not only have I thought of suicide, I tried it – thankfully I was unsuccessful and I can speak from personal experience when I tell you things can get better.

Probably the best you can do for yourself atm is just get out and go for a long walk. It does help to get some clarity.

2 Likes

You did a very brave thing reaching out. Your not alone

1 Like

I feel that way at times. But I know I need to get some sleep, for me it’s tea that helps, maybe you need some medication, see your doctor right away. Do you need anti depressants. Are you eating right. Go see a doctor therapist. Talk it out. What helps you to feel calm and relaxed. Try looking in your refrigerator for something that you like and enjoy eating, comfort food. It also helps to talk to parents or someone that cares about you. Just talk about how you feel. I enjoy granola and soy milk it makes me feel good. Write it out, talk it out, talk to someone who cares. A nice hot shower or bath is always good, a piece of fruit, milk whatever you like. Stay on track. Think about recovery.

2 Likes

It’s great that you talk about it. I have not much more to add than has already been said. Walking helps me. Walks in the forest is peaceful and might make you feel better. Walk as long as you manage, I use to walk for over an hour.

1 Like

I think about it too. I’ve carried a razor blade in my wallet for several years now in case I become compelled to do it. I probably don’t have the nerve. A lot depends on the outcome of several problems in my life.

i think you should talk with your doctor and care team about this as it is very serious,

there is a lot of help out there for you

3 Likes

thank you guys.im going to my dr next week .ill try to talk to her about it.im on antidepressants but im not sure if theyre working.

Hi, svss! Some anti-depressants also cause suicidal thoughts at the start! Let’s hope they 'll stop, or else you should switch them! Only with your doctor though, I don’t mean to do something by yourself.

reach out for help if you feel like acting on it go dtraight to a and e hugs0000000000

I was like that a week ago on venalafaxine the antidepressant that makes ecstacy and LSD seem like vitamin c, that is a nasty pharmacuitical drug, worse than seroquel, I’ve never felt so ill, if your feeling down I find listening to Iron Maidens trooper to be quite therapuitic

1 Like

one bunny :rabbit: hug coming up…
@Svvs keep going…we all hit hard times…but there are rainbows :rainbow: that would like to be seen by you…and beautiful trees :deciduous_tree: and flowers :sunflower:
know some one cares
take care :alien:

2 Likes

First off, I’m sorry you’re feeling that way. It is never a good feeling to have these thoughts. But you need to call someone, even if it is a crisis center or even 911 if you have a plan. But, stay calm, and remember it is never your fault for thinking that way, okay?

1 Like

thanks everyone for your concern. it really means a lot to me. i spent most of my day at the gym today so im feeling pretty good. i guess you just have to take it one day at a time.

4 Likes

Feel free to call your doctor today if the suicidal thoughts are really bad - they would probably see you more quickly.

2 Likes