Started a calorie controlled diet yet again

I’ve been piling on the pounds.

I’m going to try to stick to 1800-1900 calories a day.

It’s day 3 so far and I’ve been managing to do it.

The problem with calorie counting is you have to do it forever. And ever.

8 Likes

Food is the only thing I enjoy in this life. But I do want to be skinny again

4 Likes

I know what you mean :frowning:

3 Likes

I’ve been counting my calories consistently for over three years now. It’s not that hard for me because I use a very good calorie counting app.

2 Likes

I don’t care :woman_shrugging:t2:

I feel fine like this. I’m a bit chubby.

Good luck

2 Likes

God I know right? Once I lose weight I stop and I’m like great now I can eat junk again which is not how it works :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The two guys I would’ve ever cared about aren’t in my life anymore so why do I need to be thin. To feel pretty maybe

1 Like

That’s what I do it for, for myself.

Also I think it gives me a sense of accomplishment to be able to lose weight. Like if I’m overweight because then I feel like I’m being healthier. Like doc said my triglycerides and bad cholesterol numbers were down last visit and that made me feel good!

2 Likes

I read an article recently that a very large and reliable study that was posted in the Lancelot magazine which is a medical journal, stated that counting calories isn’t necessary. All you really have to do to lose weight is focus on eating all natural, non processed food. In other words, food that comes from either the ground, off trees and vines, the oceans and streams and such, and from animals. and birds. In other words, if it comes from plastic wrapping, don’t eat it.

3 Likes

Actually that’s pretty accurate :joy: counting calories is for when you don’t want to cut those things out of your diet though :wink: lol

3 Likes

That’s what I’M talkin about

1 Like

i commiserate with you today. my eating is out of control. haven’t gained weight quite yet but i will if this eating keeps up. for me right now its emotional eating.

1 Like

That’s the same for me. At least it was. I seem to have somewhat lost my junk food cravings which gave me an emotional sense of wellbeing. I hope the cravings don’t come back.

1 Like

@everhopeful. Come live with me. You’ll lose weight. I think everyone on this forum knows that my dad has to bring in my groceries. He brings me mostly fruits and veggies. No bread or pasta. Well no he brings me one loaf of bread

2 Likes

Lol. Best offer I had all day ! I live in Europe though. That’s pretty cool that you’re dad is looking after you like that. Thanks Loke !

1 Like

I calorie count as well.
Some days I can’t manage.

Good luck to you @everhopeful.

2 Likes

Thanks wave. I hope I can stick to it.

1 Like

I can’t even remember what that feels like!

It’s not as simple as you are assuming.

There are algorithms to predict energy expenditure (TEE) based upon fat free mass (FFM). In general TEE goes up with FFM. It gets much more interesting when you lose or gain weight. Losing/gaining greater than equal to 10% of your weight causes you to “fall off” the TEE vs. FFM curve, meaning you will need less/more calories to maintain the new weight than someone who is “naturally” at that weight. These changes are mainly due to changes in skeletal muscle efficiency.

As any soccer mom can tell you, it’s much easier to lose the weight than to keep it off. Diets fail because multiple metabolic, neuroendocrine, autonomic, and behavioral responses are turned on to regain the weight. These changes never fully adapt to the body weight so it’s lifetime struggle.

Very nicely reviewed here:
Rosenbaum and Leibel, Adaptive thermogenesis in humans, Int J Obesity (2010) 34, S47-S55; and Hirsch et al., Diet Composition and energy balance in humans, Am J Clin Nutr 1998; 67(suppl):551S-5S

I recommend watching:

1 Like

They’re both pretty difficult. But I have to do something :frowning:

1 Like