Slightly panicking at the moment (trigger warning?)

I don’t want to trigger anybody. I even hesitated to write a thread about this. I’m still unsure, but I’ll go for it. I’m sorry in advance.

The voices are coming back. They haven’t been present for the last 5 days. They are telling me to hurt myself again. I’ve been suffering from self harm for the last 7 years (because of anxiety and emotional instability), but I haven’t self harmed for about a month, or two. I don’t know, I don’t count.

I really don’t want to, but as you know: it’s hard to resist when the voices are screaming.

I don’t know what to do, help? :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Do you have a crisis line you can call? What country are you in ? Btw this is what this forum is here for , for support so don’t feel you can’t post.

2 Likes

@anon80629714 I’m in Sweden, and I guess we have some crisis line but I’ve never called one before…
And thank you. I just don’t want to trigger anybody.

1 Like

It’ll pass. Please resist the temptation. Can you listen to music? Also call someone or just talk to someone.

2 Likes

If your worried about triggering people put “TRIGGER WARNING” in the title.

Do you have any thing extra to take when your struggling?

Some people like me find mindfulness helps!

1 Like

@everhopeful I hope it’ll pass. I’m trying to distract myself by listening to music, but it’s not helping much. It’s past midnight here so no one I know is awake, I think. Thank you! I’ll try.

If you call them … you might be surprised. Might feel calm to hear a voice on the other side. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My voices tell me to kill myself too. Sometimes I can handle it other times I’ve hurt myself. You should call the crisis line Maybe they can help you. Good luck.

1 Like

@JH85 Ah, yes. Good idea!
I have some Atarax, but they’ve never helped. I’ll take some though and hope for the best! Thanks.

I used to go DBT and we did a lot of mindfulness there! I might do it!

1 Like

If all else fails, then try

2 Likes

Mindfulness can be dangerous when you’re suicidal, I’ve heard @JH85.

1 Like

@Sheryl It’s horrible. It’s the same here: sometimes I hurt myself, or even try to kill myself if they tell me to. Will the crisis line track where I live and call the police or something on me?

@everhopeful thank you loads! I’ll check that out.

2 Likes

I can use it to take back control from the voices…

2 Likes

They teach it in DBT! It’s a fundamental part of it

2 Likes

I’ve done some self harm before. What prevents me from doing it now is that I would lose my apartment if the people at my assisted living center found out. Maybe if you found something you value that would be taken away from you if you self harmed it might help. Just a thought.

1 Like

hi, try making a promise to yourself that you wont harm yourself no matter what…
helped me for a few years…

1 Like

@mexxem Yes, that’s a good idea! How are you doing now? Does it still help you?

1 Like

I was told putting a rubber band round your wrist and snapping it against your skin when you get urges can distract you a little bit.

1 Like

yeah i am not too bad… had a bit of a relapse recently (self harming wise)
but otherwise pretty well…
well long story short i am actually in the midst of a major relapse with voices and such but i can handle it…
as for self harming trust me - a promise to yourself is a BIG help…
and YES it still helps…
especially when you think of family,friends etc…

1 Like