Slightly panicking at the moment (trigger warning?)

@Jimbob I got that advice from a psychologist, as well, and I tried it. I snapped the rubber band on my wrist till it was blue and full of bruises. I do not recommend that, since I still see it as a form of self harm.

@mexxem It seems like you’re struggling. :frowning:

Are you on any anti psychotic medications? To help the voices?

2 Likes

yeah, am currently on abilify and risperadone,…
wel… supposed to be…
taking a break from abilify though for now due to anxiety and risperadone i stopped a couple months ago du to pretty much the sam but with ravenous hunger as well - and i want to lose a bit of weight…
but i think no matter ehat i do this relapse is happening cause all my warning signs are here…
no matter though, i have handled months in relapse before i ‘hope’ i have a better grasp on handleing it now…
thanks for asking by the way…

1 Like

@mexxem I am on abilify too, but haven’t taken mine in about 2 weeks. I can feel a relapse coming too, but that’s my own fault for not taking the medication, even though they don’t really help.

I suggest you to actually take your medication and talk to your doctor about the side effects you get. Maybe they can help you… :sunny:

1 Like

thanks for you concern,
i have talked to my docs repeatedly and they repeatedly just tell me risperadone and abilify are my best combo but i feel like i am jumping out of my skin with anxiety on them, even after months of use…
for now actually to be honest a relapse is welcome as i get terribly lonely,disconnected and such…
whereas i have possibly got stockholm syndrome…
and welcome any change…

1 Like

@mexxem It’s sad how doctors think they know better than the patient sometimes…

Don’t give up mexxem! It’s going to get better. I promise.

1 Like

thanks… i needed to hear that…
you too will improve i promise… :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mexxem Talk to me if you feel like your world is falling apart. I’ll do my best to try and help!

Thank you. :two_hearts:

1 Like

This happened to me recently, I was playing music really loudly whenever I was alone to try to distract myself from it. Also if you have a benzo take it, they help a lot.

1 Like

i will, thanks again…

1 Like

@Anna It’s horrible! I sadly don’t have any benzos. I have a history of drug abuse so I don’t think my doctors would prescribe me any either…

i used to self harm as well, i stopped a couple of months ago i started doing it a long time ago and it is like i stopped for a few years than when all this psychosis and ■■■■ happened i started doing it again but recently i havent
you have to find some other things to do, listen to music, watch a movie, look at funny things on the internet, even just stay on the forum or talk to someone

1 Like