Schizophrenic Guys: Once your dating "love interest" knows your are schizophrenic, say good-bye

Bang on! That’s my attitude. That’s why my Bumble profile starts out with “I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2004…”. I’ve been told that’s a bad idea but I disagree big time. Just as @yinyang said when they find out later on down the road they cut you off, then you just wasted weeks, months or years getting to know them. I’ve met some women on Bumble doing it the way I want and they treat me well, they gave me their numbers (I didn’t ask) and we hang out and do stuff all the time. They knew what they were getting into before hand, in fact in a few cases they said they admired my honesty, self love and thought I could relate to them because one of them has a rare health condition.

I’ve even told most of them all about my psychosis, meds, hospital stays and they still talk with me. Blew away my expectations, when I signed up with bumble I thought it would be a waste of time and money but thought I’d give it a try.

No one suspects I have it, but I’ve disclosed it to a large number of people. Results are not always good but it is what it is. Except work, I don’t want nor need special treatment and I see no benefit in telling them. In fact even with schizophrenia I was #1 at work.

3 Likes