Public Poll: Are you happy with Abilify?

• Yes, I like Abilify
  • No, I don’t like Abilify
  • Maybe, I take it but have issues

0 voters

3 Likes

I started this poll as it seems like I’m the only one who likes Abilify and am not having any issues with it.

1 Like

As far as Ap’s go, it’s pretty good.

2 Likes

Thanks @Bowens 15

1 Like

I tried Abilify back in 2012 and it didn’t work, I became psychotic and started having visual hallucinations. I don’t remember the dosage.

2 Likes

Thanks @Headspark

1 Like

I was on Abilify when it first came out.
I was on it for years.
I was psychotic on it for the most part and it made me extremely anxious and paranoid.

It was a very activating medication.

2 Likes

It worked for my sz but had side effects, compulsive shopping and hypersexuality.

1 Like

I have compulsive shopping on it too which is a drag because it does wonders for my mental health

2 Likes

My mom was on Abilify for a few years. She went from weighing about 120 lbs to weighing about 250 lbs. Once she switched meds, she lost the weight.

I tried Abilify, myself, for a short while. It immediately made me gain weight, so I stopped it.

Something about Abilify causes immediate weight gain, in my family. :confused:

2 Likes

Abilify made me even more paranoid so I had to stop it.

1 Like

I was on Abilify for a while and It wasn’t helping at all so I stopped it. Now I’m on it again and for some reason it’s been very helpful this time around. I take 20mg and I don’t notice any side effects

1 Like

I was on 30mg and I was irritable anxious and had insomnia that wound me up into the hospital

3 Likes

Thanks @Wave @Aziz @SkinnyMe @Joker @RottenApple @Blossom @Froge

3 Likes

never been on abilfy so i can’t say =D

1 Like

I am happy with it, next visit mostly will be reducing it to 15 as it works best for me.

I also notice some anger issue yesterday as my olanzapine was reduced to 2.5

My best mix was aripiprazole 15 and olanzapine 2.5 hopefully I would be it this range.

The best mix made me had a job in hand.

1 Like

Not my cup of tea, for sure, but everyone is different so what works for you might not work for other people

1 Like

Thanks @lekkerhondje @X_Y_Z @Lenny

1 Like

Seroquel was about 20% effective at controlling my symptoms, Abilify was about 80% effective, Zyprexa has been closer to 99% effective

2 Likes

Thanks @anon2818416

1 Like