Psych ward food is mediocre

just saying :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I hate hospital food.

2 Likes

I’m picky about my eats so I’d say that their food is absolutely vile. I generally don’t eat in restaurants because I can make better at home nine out of ten times.

3 Likes

“mediocre” is a nice and polite way of putting it, lol

2 Likes

maybe its better in Finland dunno

The food and art therapy were the only good things about my hospital stay.

3 Likes

Wish they had art therapy

1 Like

omg yea its different, some hospitals have pretty good food some have sh@tty food.

3 Likes

Is it weird that I miss it? Every once in a while I’ll get a craving for a cheese sandwich

Wish we had cheese sandwiches ngl

1 Like

I never seem to go to the same hospital (probably because of lack of beds, so I get ambulanced over hours away).

But, it seems to vary soooo much. The best I had was at a dedicated psych hospital. I think when they don’t have to

1. travel with huge amounts of food through multiple units so the food gets soggy or cold

2. feed people with specific health concerns as their primary audience

…the food is better.

What bothers me THE MOST is when a hospital repeatedly feeds me food I have an anaphylactic allergy to. The last hospital I was at did that plus they didn’t have an epipen available plus one staff member accelerated another patient’s breathing attack who had both asthma and panic attacks by saying “breathe”, “breathe”, “well, I don’t know how to help you then” and just sat there…didn’t get help or anything. I didn’t trust them to not kill me there (and this was a longer term stay and I wasn’t suicidal at the time). I went on a hunger strike until they could show me an epipen.

You gotta do what you gotta do. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

in the first psych ward i was in the fuds were not that great but in second psych ward the fuds were pretty good.

2 Likes

I still miss the delicious chickpea curries I had in hospital after I claimed I was a vegetarian.

1 Like

Yes its mediocre but to a starving man that food would taste delicious

1 Like

I miss the steak and mashed potatoes of the psychward.

1 Like

I like psych ward food. Better then what I cook

1 Like

The food at the private hospital I stayed at a couple of times was soo good and they let you have multiple servings but at the state hospital they starved you not enough food

1 Like

I thought when I was in the ward that my figure of erotomania wanted me to be fat so I gained a lot of weight in the ward…

1 Like

Well, when I was in the hospitals, meals were the high point of the day. Anything they served was alright with me. They could have served roasted rocks and moss stew and I would have still looked forward to it.

To be honest, I was in several hospitals and none of the meals were really that bad. Cheese sandwiches, oatmeal, or a slice of meat were really never that bad to me.

2 Likes

Lol i think the food is pretty good, it’s just not enough food for me usually tho

1 Like