Poll: Have you ever flown in a plane

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

How well travelled is everybody?

nope.The furthest I traveled is to the state line. Chicago,Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and the last two was years ago.

1 Like

Yes, all my family and friends are interstate so I try to get cheap flights to see them once in a while.

1 Like

Just last weekend… Was pretty cool. I like physics and all the odd forces and the design of the plane and how it moved…

Saw a reflection of the sun off the clouds. Didn’t know what was possible.

1 Like

I took a 2 hour flight to Georgia and then a connecting flight to Madrid, Spain for a class trip and old Spanish teacher invited me on (I sucked at Spanish and still do). we toured from Madrid to Barcelona. And on the way home flew from Barcelona, Spain to Amsterdam for 2 hours and then a connecting flight from Amsterdam to Chicago which took 8 hours… im good with flying but turbulence and the landing/take off freak me out sometimes…

1 Like

Not in a long time. In the nineties, I flew coast to coast a few times with my dad. So now I can brag that I swam in the Pacific ocean and the Atlantic ocean. Also in the nineties my family and my extended family who lived in West Virginia all flew to Las Vegas for Christmas.

Ho, ho, ho. I can still hear the Blackjack dealers words in my mind. “Ho, ho, ho. Now I have all your money and next is your soul.”

1 Like

I flew quite a lot up to just turned 18 before I had my first admittance to psych hospital. Have only flown twice since then in 1995 to see my Dad and return home 2 weeks later. I had my mum to accompany me to the airport otherwise I would never have made the journey out. The flight home was a nightmare. Just after take off I discovered someone had stolen my money and my train ticket home from the airport. I was in a state of high anxiety all the way through the flight. When I landed I had to go to a special department to get a voucher to get me home. As well as the luggage I’d gone with I also had the base of a 386 computer which my dad had bought me. He said I’d have no problems with customs which was wrong.
That journey made me phobic about flying/travelling and the only way I’d go now is if someone arranged everything and accompanied me all the way there and back home.
Also there would be the issue of what to pack for the journey ie clothes etc. My wife packed my stuff when I made the journey in 1995. Things like that I have great difficulty with.

1 Like

Yes, as a child and teen - pre full blown SZ times

1 Like

Flown from cali to korea and back as an infant
From cali to germany and back
Germany to italy and back
From alabama to idaho and back
From south Carolina to Tennessee
I think theres more but my memory sucks

1 Like

My (ex) husband got his pilots license: single & multi engine land (one propeller or two), instructors, and helicopter (rotor),
I went along in the plane when he was training, and after we got a Cessna 172 (4 seater) and flew, A LOT.
We frequented many air shows all over California, and I got to fly with others in various planes around our hanger, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve flown…
That was all between 1989 to 2012.

Then by commercial plane, we had a 2nd office in Germany, and 3-4 times a year we’d fly over to our partners house and help out at the shop and do the travel shows in:
Germany, France, Holland, England,
Belgium, Liechtenstein, Switzerland,Italy
Denmark, Sweden, Austria…
oh I forgot to mention the US shows in;
California (naturally) Texas, Florida, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Illinois, Michigan…uh,
I forgot a few…

Most commercial travels were done after I was Dx’d,
never had a problem, but could not have done it solo.

I haven’t flown since 2013, and unless it was in a private plane, I wouldn’t ever fly again, hate cramped tiny seats and crowds!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.