Schizophrenia.com

People in my head telling me not to eat again

Yup! So i went to the grocery store to pick up three items to cook dinner and suddenly I’m terrified. I’m not allowed to eat right now or cook. Why does this disease have to be so debilitating. I barely made it out with my food. I wish there was an easy way to stop the paranoia

4 Likes

Many eat when they voices are at their weakest like many a half hour after taking the meds

1 Like

I edited out the word help in my headline. I’m not looking for attention. But I do feel like help! I’m starting to notice a pattern. The paranoia comes. I use all my best techniques to fight it off. It subsides just a little and then it’s back and forth for an hour or three as I actively fight it. It’s so hard!

I had no emotions for years and then boom. 6 months ago I developed emotions again. Then today, I’m crying. The crying is very new.

I can’t stand how the paranoia makes me feel. It makes me want to cry

1 Like

That’s rough. Just always eat whenever you can at all. Have food prepared and ready so when the paranoia eases you can quickly get in a meal

2 Likes

Its much better now that I’m medicated. As a matter of fact…the told not to eat thing has happened twice in the last month but before that it was a long time since that happened. I’m doing my small steps thing at the moment. Step one: stand up. Step two: walk to kitchen. Step three: pour coffee and so on. It soothes me and helps me get things done when im frozen

NONE OF THIS uh fighting it off stuff would be happening if they hadnt of increased my abilify dosage just about six months ago. I really “started” to get well.

2 Likes

Oh that’s great! I’m glad it’s helping you so much.

1 Like

Thank you! Me too! I really didn’t know that there was better living out there. I never said anything before that increase, i was scared to change anything. But once i did, my life improved like 100% but it’s still a process i see. My doc says that therapy will help too.

1 Like

Awesome!!! 15151515

1 Like

Ive had those thoughts and voices before I hated them they told me I didnt deserve to eat. Maybe talk to your therapist about how to ignore these voices or something

1 Like

I think there is no easy way to subdue voices. These arent chatter in public transport. I think the only way is to have someone reality ground the victim mercilessly and relentlessly in the course of years. Then the victim might realise the intricacies of their psychotic triggers and resist them better.

I too live in fear and paranoia every day because of these voices/entites. I really hope you have a source of comfort along with tools that can help reduce the amount of paranoia you are experiencing. Remember you are not alone and many are here to support you in positive ways :blossom:

I’m trying but things are not getting better right now.

I’m paranoid now because I remember when I think I heard an angel telling me to stop drinking. I think the angel wanted me to die so those things with North Korea wouldn’t happen. I didn’t listen so now worry I’m screwed.

1 Like

Try not to worrry about those things even though its hard

Do you think it was a real angel? Do you think these things will happen to me?

1 Like

No its your imagination, not real

1 Like

My voice also said that I would forget everything until the thing happens. That’s why I’m afraid.

Dont be afraid nothing bad is going to happen

1 Like

Flowers20, I suggest you read this forum some more. Specifically.the weird delusions that members describe and suffer from. Then it will be easier for you to understand and accept that your voices are delusions too. Your (and mine) problem is wide spread. There is plenty of experirnce others might share with you to help.

I did read the forum a lot. But still am not entirely convinced. Your name makes me paranoid too.