Negative vs Cognitive symptoms

Whats the difference?
I feel that my negative symptoms are much worse than my cognitive symptoms. Do they affect each other? Imo negative symptoms are more important to some degree.

1 Like

@Bowens are your negative symptoms also worse than your cognitive symptoms?

Todays negative symptom: Avolition

My computer chair is 3ft away from my couch. Ive been on my couch for hours. Id like to study. Ive wanted to study since 2pm. Its 8pm now

Cognitive symptom : not able to understand information or comprehend.

Im doing ok on the cognitive end at the moment.

4 Likes

My brother lashed out at me (as usual)
And he really hit a nerve.
He said that over the years the psych meds shrunk my brain and now I’m “dumb”

Sadly there is some truth to this.

I have a difficult time communicating verbally to others.

I have a difficult time stringing a sentence together.

Yeah he really hit a nerve with his insults because unfortunately he’s right :frowning:

3 Likes

I think avolition is kinda like what stoners describe as couchlocked. Just stuck on the couch

3 Likes

When I have an argument with my brothers sometimes they call me dumb or autistic but they blame it on my sz and not on the meds. They say I won’t change and will stay dumb and disabled for the rest of my life. They say the meds made me better mentally. They probably mean positive symptoms.

1 Like

Yea that happened to me when smoking weed. Maybe weed made my sz worse. I remember sitting on the couch and looking at the ceiling for hrs after smoking weed. Maybe weed makes negative symptoms worse.

1 Like

Come to think of it my cognition isnt affected much. I can logically reason very well.

2 Likes

My cognition is normal I feel but its my negative symptoms that are disabling me.

1 Like

Negative symptoms are just brutal. Like today im quite frustrated that i am doing nothing. Id like to do something goal oriented but its like theres a brick wall

3 Likes

Yes, I believe so.

1 Like

My brothers arnt like this or my parents. They always want to do stuff but they actually go do it. Ive never seen them waste a day away.

1 Like

Also don’t listen to him. You know your meds are stopping your bipolar and psychosis symptoms.

2 Likes

That was my teens. Couchlocked and loaded. (Drunk and stoned, business as ususal.)

2 Likes

I skipped the couchlock and went straight to hallucinating lol

1 Like

I am a man of varied interests.

(cough)

1 Like

To me negative symptoms are somatic low energy.

It was worse when I was living in Japan. Like I DID NOT feel any emotion

2 Likes

I have a somewhat flat effect,which the pdoc I first saw when I moved here said was due to the meds. I have next to no ambition when it comes to the future and things I want to achieve.

Cognitively I’m reasonably OK., but I do have the common to ASD,but not applicable to all with ASD,adaptive functioning<IQ. I’m a long way off being the most practical of people, and indeed get a fair amount of support because of it.

I’d describe myself as like the player who bats .305 in practice games, but when it comes to official games(real life situations) bats quite a lot lower.

4 Likes

They both suck for their own reasons. Negative symptoms suck cause they take your enjoyment out of life, and motivation to do things. Cognitives suck because it makes it hard to problems solve, learn, and you know do normal things your brain is supposed to do.

4 Likes

Is it because of anxiety?