Negative vs Cognitive symptoms

my positive symptoms were horrible tortuous hallucinations and voices, but they are treatable with pills. my negative symptoms are a thorn in my eyeball. they jjjust trip me up when i am starting to find stability in my life. Long term job? Say hello to social dysfunction, i learned that too often Normals will see a glimmer of me behind the Normal veneer I mask up with and treat me accordingly. I believe that has a lot to do with the temporaryness of my jobs, the fact that I cannot mask my non neurotypical ness to others over prolonged periods of time.
Also, how have I passed every tower of mortal kombat X first level and my dishes are still not washed? I hate the part of schizophrenia that makes doing tasks seems distant, undoable, too big. executive dysnfuntion is such a pain!
I am grateful tho that abilify worked to remove the positive symptoms.

3 Likes

i worry about this being something that happens w/pills, too. Then again, fully psychotic I could not read a single 3 panel comic strip. Having stopped pills w/dr approval for a period of months, i am frankly ready to go back on and at a higher dose lol. On the other hand, I have been painting with little effort, it just flows now.
Despite the fun and almost effortless painting, I am paranoid and called up my pdoc on my own to get myself back on abilify lol
maybe in future when im more stable, lower dose can be a nice balance.
also im sorry your brother said that, i would be upset, too. Communication difficulties can be very stressful. :confused: I’m sorry you’re experiencing those symptoms.

3 Likes

Anxiety can certainly play a part. As with quite a few autistic people my executive functioning isn’t very good. For me,especially so re organising and planning. Multi step tasks can be problematic.

An example: Housework. What to do first? What to do next etc? I get overwhelmed and the anxiety kicks in. At my last place that resulted in my going into avoid mode. The result- I was living in a s*** heap, with my stepfamily having a cleaning blitz when they visited every 6 months or so.

When I moved to be near my s/daughter and her family help was put in place re cleaning. It also helped that I downsized.

So an example of batting much lower in real life situations is as above. Batting .305 in a practice game=Being listed on the World genius directory. You use your best score(s) on a proctored or high range IQ test. Last time I looked I was about 95th= on the list.

1 Like

My negative symptoms are worse I think. The avolition is terrible, and I have no ambition in life. I’m only basically being a wife and I read and play solitaire and that’s all. Cognitively I’m very forgetful esp short term memory and decision making but I find making lists helps . It very hard to help my avolition though. I just have to wait for a good day…

3 Likes

Thanks @HQuinn 15

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.