My mom sent me some messed up text messages last night

I thought about showing my dad her texts when he gets home from work and asking him if I should block her.

1 Like

I kinda have the opposite thing lol, my mum wasnt listening to me, she asked me a question and didnt listen to the whole answer :frowning: idk why she was doing that,

do what you think is right

1 Like

I wouldn’t block her she needs help.
Is she mentally ill?

Yes, she seems mentally ill and also appears overdependent on you.

1 Like

My dad told me she’s mentally I’ll but would only give me a few examples of her mental illness. He wouldn’t tell me everything she’s said and done because he said he didn’t want to hinder my relationship with her.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I think too. She has almost 1,000 friends on Facebook but she only wants to text me all day every day instead of talking to her Facebook friends. She told me she’s on Facebook all day so I don’t know why she doesn’t talk to her Facebook friends and give me a break.

1 Like

She’s obviously feeling very insecure and needy. Does this happen often?

Well she never spent any time with me or talked to me when I was growing up as a kid or a teen but then all of a sudden as soon as I got a cell phone in 2007 when I was 17 she started texting me every day and she’s been texting me every day since then except for the times when I couldn’t have my phone when I lived at a mission or was in jail or the psych ward.

1 Like

Maybe she finds it too hard to speak to you more directly. Text does make that easier. I’m really not sure, just guessing. Obviously she does want a relationship with you

1 Like

That’s fine but I don’t know why she waited until I got a cell phone to try to have a relationship with me. She had 18 years to talk to me but she just wasted her time sewing all day every day

1 Like

It’s not your responsibility to keep her happy or entertained.

It looks like she has some serious issues. And even worse, it looks like she’s trying to manipulate you into interacting with her.

I’d suggest completely ignoring her for a few days, and then telling her that the constant texting is stressing you out. That it has nothing to do with your love for her, and that her level of desperation worries you.
Make sure not to attack her, but maybe make it clear she has some issues you can’t fix, and that she needs to deal with if she wants you to be in her life much longer.

I would also tell her you’re gonna text when YOU have time and energy.

4 Likes

I wanted to tell her she doesn’t need to text me all the time

I wouldn’t phrase it like that. It looks like she thinks she does need to text you that much.

Try to keep the language on you. you are uncomfortable with the intensity of her texting, you need her to give you space and time to relax.

2 Likes

She’s guilt bombing you and it’s incredibly immature.
Must have been rough being raised by her. I’m sorry.

3 Likes

Those were actually the best years of my life because she left me alone and let me do what I wanted to do which was mostly play outside and then watch tv when I got older

2 Likes

I was going to tell her I need time to do things I want to do

Do you hate her? Why does she think you hate her? Maybe she’s messed up but she’s still human and it sounds like she desperately wants to be in your life in some capacity. You two need to talk and work something out.

2 Likes

I don’t hate her. I don’t know why she said I did. She’s not right in the head

3 Likes

I’m kinda sympathetic towards her.

2 Likes

Don’t be. She can live for a few hours a night without me texting her

2 Likes