My mom sent me some messed up text messages last night

What do you think about this? I don’t know what’s wrong with her. All I want is a few hours a night to watch sports without her constantly bugging me. Is that too much to ask?

5 Likes

That’s a lot to unpack.

Is it possible she was under the influence?

I’m sorry your own mother is doing this to you.

I think you had an appropriate response.

3 Likes

Dude that sounds psychotic or co dependent. Very unusual. My mom wouldn’t do that. Especially if I’m watching the WS. Maybe she needs help. Or maybe she’s just sensitive/over protective. Either way it sounds like she needs some help. Sorry she had such a reaction. Be patient. I dunno too much about your guys relationship tho

5 Likes

I suppose you should be happy she loves you.

I’m pretty sure she was sober. She said she doesn’t drink or smoke weed anymore.

I really think she does need help but she told me she’s not mentally ill so she won’t seek help.

1 Like

This sounds ice cold,

But with behavior like that,

I’d block her.

At least until she calms down.

2 Likes

That’s messed up dude. I’m sorry that you have to deal with that from a parent, you really shouldn’t have to. Good for you for setting boundaries tho!!

1 Like

I thought about blocking her but she hasn’t sent me anymore messed up texts today.

2 Likes

She texts me all day every day and I feel like I need some time to do things I want to do. She’s been texting me every single day since August 2007 and I just need a break. I told her two times I don’t have anything to talk about and she still keeps texting me all day every day.

1 Like

You need to set boundaries and stick to them. Tell her you won’t text every day, then do not reply. Only text when you are not busy every other day or so. If she can’t respect your boundaries then block her until you want to talk, then unblock, text, block again.

You deserve peace. And she does sound mentally ill. Or under the influence.

4 Likes

Ask her how how she is, she sounds very upset, try and work something out I’d say.

1 Like

That’s how I feel too. My phone dings all day every day from her texting me all the time and it’s annoying and frustrating and if I don’t text her back immediately then she’ll ask me if I’m mad at her and why I’m mad at her or sometimes she’ll ask me if I’m ok. I have to do things sometimes like going to CBT groups so I can’t always text her back immediately.

4 Likes

I put my phone on do not disturb when i dont want any notifications, can you turn off the dings?

I put my phone on Do not disturb yesterday and her texts still came through. I still got the dings. I put my phone on sleep mode after that and went to bed and it silenced her texts.

1 Like

My armchair, inappropriate to do because I’m not allowed to diagnose, diagnosis (please flag if I step over the line) – she sounds Borderline. I have a Borderline mom.

1 Like

that’s was good idea

1 Like

I’m not sure what she is. This isn’t the first time she’s sent me messed up texts like this although last night was the worst

i wouldn’t worry about it, i think just do what you can and comfort her if you need to, tell her not to worry and that she doesn’t need to text you all the time.

The other day she texted me and told me she wanted me to get a library card so I can get books, movies and music and I told her I don’t have time for books or movies or music because you text me all the time. She texted me back and said wow didn’t know you wanted to hurt me then she told me I need help

Your Mom doesn’t seem well @LazyandCrazy
Maybe you can talk to your father about her behavior?

1 Like