My mom sent me some messed up text messages last night

She just sent me some more messed up texts so I told her to get help and blocked her.

2 Likes

I think that was wise. She sounds very emotionally manipulative.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t know what else to do or how to help her. She keeps jumping to conclusions wrongly and I’m just tired of getting those kinds of texts from her.

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone who replied.

4 Likes

My mom used to constantly call me. I had to get serious and tell her to stop several times. She was mentally ill and co-dependent. It is really rough, but you have to do what is best for your mental health.

When family is toxic is is completely ok to cut them off.

4 Likes

Yeah thanks @anon4362788.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Please be gentle with yourself over this. You’re doing the best you can for you.

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking Mom is a trauma survivor. Of course, one could be both a trauma survivor and borderline.

1 Like

This is a good idea. She sounds paranoid and sick.

1 Like

Yeah I think she definitely has some paranoia.

1 Like

I’ve seen texts like this before, she could have ‘borderline traits’.
If it’s out of character for her then she might have been drunk.

Either way I am sorry you got these disturbing texts from your mom.

2 Likes

I don’t think she was drunk or high but I can’t say for sure I guess because I’m in another state.

I’m sorry too. I don’t know why she thought my dad and stepmom were conspiring against her or why she thought I was against her.

With my borderline ex, if I didn’t respond to a text then she thought it meant I was cheating on her, didn’t love her, or hated her. She would respond by sending more and more texts. At first I agreed to text back rapidly, but if i texted the wrong thing, or didn’t add a kiss on the end of my text, or if I took too long to respond…. More problems occurred.

In the end I banned my ex from texting or calling me, and we had a scheduled call once per day, which only I would initiate. She just switched to texting her therapist instead, and we still broke up.

It might not be anything you did consciously, to make her think of a conspiracy, but more down to her interpretation of events.

4 Likes

My mom just started jumping to the wrong conclusions. I don’t know where she was getting those thoughts from.

1 Like

I don’t know. Seems like she’s pretty overwrought. Maybe a little time and space and see what happens next. It doesn’t really seem all that rational.

1 Like

She’s been being really irrational for a while now and that’s not including all the times she had mental health issues when my dad was with her

She seems very desperate for reassurance. Maybe text; I love you Mom. Stop texting.

I did stop texting her. She said bad things about my dad and stepmom that aren’t true.

I would at least check up on her every once in a while. Only because of the suicide txt

1 Like

I don’t think she’ll commit suicide.