My cat died :'(

So today one of my cats got sick this morning. He was barely moving like he had little energy. I didn’t notice until the end of the morning as I was packing everything into my car or throwing things away. As soon as I noticed I thought it was a kitty cold so I put on a humidifier in case it was a risperatory infection (aka kitty cold) and a heating blanket beside him and covered him up with my blanket (except the head) and I was gonna take him to the vet as soon as I was done.

Well about 45 minutes pass (after checking on him every 10 minutes or more) I suddenly noticed he wasn’t breathing so I freaked out and well I tried kitty CPR for a minute until I realized it was fruitless. (Now I’m crying again :cry: ) so after crying for about 5-10 minutes I put him in a box I had and took him to the animal crematorium.

His ashes will be ready on Monday. I tried my best to keep him well this morning by giving him a humidifier, blanket, and heating pad until I had the first chance to take him to the vet. But it was too late. My fluffer butt was gone. It happened all to quick. He was fine yesterday just didn’t eat all his food which the cats sometimes did but other than that everything was normal until this morning.

I’m just so heartbroken right now. I was crying all afternoon. He was only 2 1/2 years old. Too young… I failed him. :cry: he used to smurgle with his paws on my tummy and plop next to me on the bed every night.

And please I don’t want any arguing of I could of done better like take him to the vet asap or if I took care of him better. I loved him very much and did all I could to spoil him. :crying_cat_face:

Here’s a picture of him last week sleeping next to me on the couch (also a picture of him on my profile pic to the right)

I love you Pumba :heart:

21 Likes

I’m very sorry. :frowning:
Rest in peace, Pumba. You were a very good kitty.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry about the loss of Pumba.

You did all you could do for your pet and shouldn’t be hard on yourself.

4 Likes

Sorry dude… that really sucks.

3 Likes

Sorry about your cat @SailorTheFox59. He was very cute. And I agree with @anon54386108 you did all you could.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry. :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss! xx

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss @SailorTheFox59.
Don’t be so hard on yourself.

3 Likes

Sorry @killian. My parents cat died a couple years ago. I basically grew up with him he was pretty old. When I was hallucinating really bad I thought I could communicate with him. He called me old friend. You are a good parent man.

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss @SailorTheFox59 may he RIP in kitty heaven.

3 Likes

Oh that’s horrible. I’m so sorry for your loss xoxo

4 Likes

I am so sorry. What an awful thing to happen, and so fast. What a horrible shock.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the replies guys. It means a lot to me and some of you made me cry more but that’s okay with me. I’m sure he’s feeling the love from you guys :crying_cat_face: :heart:

10 Likes

RIP pumba

So sorry @SailorTheFox59

:heart:

5 Likes

I’m sorry about your cat @SailorTheFox59. That’s very sad.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry. That’s a horrible thing to go through. You did everything you could for Pumba. Everything happened so fast, I doubt a vet would have been able to do anything. You made sure he was as comfortable and loved as possible, and he spent his final moments curled in a warm blanket, instead of terrified in his carrier. He is at peace now, and I’m sure he knew how much you loved him.

9 Likes

Awww @SailorTheFox59 I’m so sorry :frowning: I have to confess as I read your words I could really feel your heart breaking…I just want to say how sorry I am.

Can I give you a virtual ((Hug))?

2 Likes

I’m sure Pumba knew you loved him and made him comfortable in the end. You couldn’t have done anything other than what you did. Put his ashes someplace where you’ll see him everyday. He’ll know…

1 Like

That is very sad! I’m so sorry. And at such a young age! You did all you could for him. My friends’ cat got sick and died overnight too. The cat had FIPs. Here’s a hug from me: :hugs:

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss! Always a sad thing to lose an animal.

3 Likes