Found my kitty dead

Went out on my back porch to feed the 6 outdoor kitties and noticed the fluffy orange year old kitty laying in an odd position under the barstool.

Knew it was dead.

The other orange kitty, the brother, kept crying and running around him.

Won’t go into the gross detail, but something had ripped his fluffy orange tail off, down to a nub. His eyes were still open.:cold_sweat:

Coincidentally, I had just told my husband about another outdoor kitty back in 2009 who was poisoned right after I made a comment outloud to the creepy neighbor behind us that He had better not touch my cat.

I held that poor kitty for over 4 hours as he died in my arms wrapped in a towel.
At least he knew he was loved.

2 Likes

That’s really sad. Sorry to hear. And on Valentine’s Day.

1 Like

So sorry. :frowning:

It’s hard when animals die. I had to put my sick cat to sleep in August last year. He is still missed.

1 Like

That’s horrible. I’m so sorry.

1 Like

I’m sorry and I’m sure you will be meet with your cat eventually… Funk what anyone else says.

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

It is sad, and moreso if it was not natural from age, especially if someone did it. This one sounds like it may have got in a fight with some animal, maybe a dog or something in the weasel family.
We lost 4 cats last year…3 were kittens that just didn’t make it for some reason, but one was an older Russian Blue that decided on her own to stop eating and drinking…
Like this one:

She is under the large pointy stone, 2 Coon cats under the stones in front, and wolf dog under the mound the Orange cat is sitting on. Animals visit their kinds tombs as well…

2 Likes

I am so sorry for you loss. Poor kitty and the brother.

1 Like

Yes, I am sorry for your loss @Csummers - I know first hand, losing a pet is tough

1 Like

OMG i am so so sorry, i am a cat lover and i could not feel any worse for you . i wish there were something i could do to make you feel better.
((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
love and hugs, kittycat

1 Like

(((((((hugs)))))))) . I am sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Sorry about your kitty

So sorry for your loss. I’m also a cat person and have a horrible time dealing with losing pets. Understand how wretched you’re feeling. Will send positive vibes your way. :heart:

10-96

2 Likes

I too am sorry for the loss of your pet. Pets are wonderful things, free of all the drama and bs humans can produce. It’s good that you feed the outdoor cats. Too often outdoor animals are ignored and neglected.

2 Likes

True…I have had feral cats that were probably abandoned come here over the years. Neighbors cats come to eat. Had 2 drop off cats and one puppy that people just abandoned in the grass at my driveway.
My cats are outdoor but they eat - a LOT… 2 must be out hunting though…
They also have a shelter area under the house with pillows and blankets

2 Likes

I feel bad for its little brother sounds like he is stressed
God bless them

2 Likes

How very awful I am sad for you and sad today now. I hate the cruelty that happens to animals.

1 Like

I’m so sorry that you lost your kitty. My cat had three kittens. They’ve all died but her. The first was a Calico and the other kittens wouldn’t let it get enough milk. The mother, Hazel, was crying and pawing it trying to get it to move. It was so sad. The second, was all black named Amber. She was found with a wound that looked like either a large animal got her or the farmer had shot her. She was under the porch. The last one died again when I was away, and I was very sad because this one was rather odd, his name was Jade. He had odd behaviors but I tried to tame him constantly and hold him so he knew he was loved. His mother, Hazel, seemed to blame him for the death of her two other kittens. So they never got along after Amber died. He was caught in a snowstorm I believe. Because he just went off on one of his adventures and never returned. The last cat, Hazel, she’s sweet but likes humans more than cats. She’s at least 14 years old. She used to follow us when we were kids to the bus stop. She’s still alive. I spoil her a lot.

1 Like

That is just awful. This place is awful and terrifying and i hate it.

Im really sorry to be negative but i just hate death and pain.

Makes me wonder why we’re even here and why we keep it going.

1 Like

To live life to the fullest (not materialistically) and enjoy it and to survive the odds, while trying to bring light to others as well…
I lost 7 close family members (grandparents, Aunt & uncle, and mother), plus a wife, 2 close friends, and probably over 100 pets over the years to the:

http://www.lloydsgifts.net/assets/product_images/product_lib/10000-19999/12614.jpg

I hate it too, but I don’t feel this place is awful.

1 Like