I'm having a rough day

It started off so well. I got up at 7 and went for a bike ride. Came home had some oatmeal, gave the lawn a haircut and then went down to the basement to do laundry. I found my poor Jack the cat dead in the basement. I’m so sad. I think he may have been hit by a car and made it back to the house only to die all alone. I called my dad and he came and we wrapped him up. We took him to the family pet cemetery and buried him with all the rest. I picked out a good headstone and planted marigolds. He was a good loveable cat. A great purr-er and foot warmer. I’ll miss him. I called SO but there’s no cell reception where he’s working so I left him a message and I’ve got class tonight so I won’t get to talk to him. It’s going to be lonely coming home to a house without Jack.

2 Likes

i am so deeply sorry to hear that…pets are verry important family members…i wish there was something special i could do for you…but there just isn’t…i hope knowing that others care though will help take away some of your sorrow…try to hang in there…

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope that he’s in a better place. He’ll still be with you just in a different way, in your heart. Take care.

3 Likes

I am so sorry to hear your cat died, I remember when my cat died in 2006 I was inconsolable that day we had to put her to sleep. I know how heartrending it can be. Hope you feel better soon!

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss. :cat:

2 Likes

Im sorry…my pets are all young and ive never had anything but a goldfish die on me. Youll bounce back.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that, Skims. I hope you feel better soon.

My cat from high school got run over too when I was in college.

2 Likes

Oh no, that’s awfully sad. I hope you remember your cat always! May kitty rest in peace. I just recently had to put down my bunnie rabbit, Taiter :frowning: Still missing him. Little fuzzy fella…

2 Likes

: ( so sorry for your loss!!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. Cats can be so wonderful. I’ve had several. Hope you feel better soon.

2 Likes

From an extreme cat lover { I have 3 } I am so sorry. Give it a little time, and before you know it-another one will show up for you!xxxx

2 Likes

i am sorry for you, hugs to you.
take care

2 Likes

oh skims im so sorry to hear about your ktty its always hard loosing a pet take extra special care of yourselxxx

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I miss him dearly.