Makeup! Thread about makeup

Who here likes makeup? What about skincare? I personally love it and am starting school in July to be a cosmetologist focusing on hair and makeup artistry. Please post about your favorite brands and pictures of looks you’ve tried! I always need new ideas! Here’s some recent pictures of looks I’ve put together recently.

10 Likes

I love all types of braids.

I have not mastered it though.

I want to learn the French braid first

In terms of make up, I want to give it up this month or next. It’s a huge step

Your makeup game is on point! How exciting about your studies. I like wearing makeup, though I don’t manage it everyday. My skin care - I don’t have much of a routine going for it, but I’d like to develop one. I really want to learn how to do a cut crease without looking like I have a black eye :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I have a shitton of makeup and skincare products. I have a dresser top devoted to it and products like hair creams, perfume, and lotion as well as half a dresser just full of stuff. I mentioned my skincare routine in another thread, so I won’t go over that again as it’s long.

My favorite makeup brands are Lancome, Dior, Urban Decay, Too Faced, Estee Lauder, MAC, Buxom, Becca (rip), Anastasia Beverly Hills, Benefit, Ofra, and Stila. I have easily over 150 lip glosses but probably only 5-10 lipsticks. Here’s a pic of my messy dresser top. I don’t know where to put everything right now…

This photo only shows part of the dresser. I have two more containers of makeup brushes, a stack of eyeshadow pallets, and perfume and stuff that you can’t see.

3 Likes

Oh! My sister is a cosmetologist! She started by doing hair after school, then went on to manage multiple salons. She is now working in an elderly care home where she does nails and stuff, too, and she is so much happier. I’m really proud of her.

3 Likes

I love makeup. I just tried out Karla Cosmetics multichrome eyeshadows, pressed one and gel one. They were amazing! I had the gel one for 12 hours on my eyes, it didn’t smudge and looked fresh and beautiful all day! I was happy with the pressed one as well. Such beautiful multichrome shades, I love them!

I have been wearing false lashes a lot lately. I do my full makeup almost every day. It is important to me and I love experimenting with makeup. It is a way to be creative, as well as art. Here’s my look from yesterday (new years eve), I should take more close up pictures of my eyes…

9 Likes

You look really good. I actually think you’d be just as pretty without makeup so you’re lucky.

I like Tarte foundation, and Coastal Classic Creations for blush. That’s all I wear

1 Like

The older I get the less makeup I wear. You young ones look great though.

1 Like

My favourite make up brand is inika.

I also wear some cheaper one for mascara as organic ones are not waterproof at all.

Inika is ■■■■■■■ brilliant.

You should have a look at the ingredients

2 Likes

Im wearing mascara lol

8 Likes

You have a Ben afleck vibe in this photo. Has anyone ever said that.

Yes actually lol

2 Likes

I miss when my daughter was little and would do my makeup. It was fun, albeit somewhat itchy (mom didn’t let her use the expensive stuff).

:blush:

2 Likes

I’ll make up with my main voice the bad one even though I know he’ll sh*t on me again.

@matthewj Which brand of mascara are you wearing? It looks like it kept your lashes separated nicely. The pic below is NARS Climax, but without a primer.

4 Likes

I don’t wear makeup anymore, but when I did, it was mainly Tikei.
It’s a mineral-based Swedish makeup brand, with no perfume in it whatsoever.
Their palettes are amazing, and they let you order samples to test what shades work for you.
They also have guides on their page for finding the right tones, and how to use their products.

I do feel like I often see women wear makeup simply to look more “beautiful”, without paying any thought into whether the makeup actually fits their face and tones or not. Unfortunately it sometimes make them look like they’re a bit off, and has the opposite effect than the one they wanted.
An example of this is thick foundation with no other accenting colours (like blush, highlight or shade), or sloppy eyeliner under the eyes in a style that doesn’t fit their eyes at all, just to have it.

Makeup isn’t a magic +5 charisma potion. It’s supposed to enhance and accentuate existing features.

However, that’s just my opinion, not in any way a fact.

1 Like

Makeup is pretty awesome stuff.

I wear a lot of different brands and things— some of which I receive for free through my job.

For a full-face, it’s usually:

Face

• Dior Forever Glow foundation
  • Dior Forever Correct concealer
  • Charlotte Tillbury Flawless Finish powder
  • Make Up Forever blush
  • MAC blush as contour
  • Clarins powder foundation as bronzer

Eyes

• Lime Crime eyeshadow
  • Pat McGrath liquid eyeliner
  • Benefit Bad Gal mascara
  • TooFaced Better Than Sex mascara
  • Urban Decay Perversion waterproof mascara
  • Make Up Forever Aqua Resist eyeliner

Brows

• Benefit Precisely My Brow brow pencil
  • Benefit Brow Setter gel
  • Illamasqua brow powder

Lips

• Sephora gel liner
  • Whatever lipstick I’m feeling that day :slightly_smiling_face:

————————————————————

Skincare is a totally different ballgame.

Kinda need to start doing something more about my skin, as I just recently got a new phone (the camera is super powerful and my fine lines are creeping in :sweat_smile:).

I’ve just started getting into the Drunk Elephant skincare line, which is pretty clean as far as skincare goes. I also use a Shiseido eye cream as well:

Skin

• Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped moisturizer
  • DE Sukari Baby Facial AHA weekly facial treatment
  • DE TLC Framboos Glycolic night serum
  • DE Protini Powerpeptide Resurf serum
  • DE Shaba Complex eye serum
  • Shiseido Benefiance eye cream

This is usually a full-face look for me:

:nail_care: :lipstick:

6 Likes

I do hope you young girls are using sunscreen as well. I’m paying the price in my old age.

I guess all the makeup has sunscreen built in?

1 Like

Ah yes, sunscreen is super important for sure @Sarah.

It seems the trend with skincare these days is that a lot of brands are now coming out with SPF separate from their moisturizers.

Used to be back in the day that you could find a moisturizer with SPF included, but apparently they want you to pay extra for sun protection now :upside_down_face:.

Personally-speaking, the foundation I use does have SPF in it— SPF 35, if I recall correctly.

1 Like