List antipsychotic from most potent to least effective

Latuda and seroquel seems less effective than zeprexa and risperidal in my opinion

It’s actually different for everyone. Meds that work amazing for one person don’t work at all for another. You just have to find what works for you.

9 Likes

Some potent ones that come to mind

Clozapine
Loxapine
Perphenazine

Some lesst potent ones

Haldol
Seroquel

1 Like

Haldol is extremely potent. That’s why it comes in 0.5mg

2 Likes

Dosages dont matter.

0.5mg of ativan doesn’t equal to 0.5mg of clonazepam.

Abilify also comes in 0.5mg I believe.

That being said, it’s just IMO

2 Likes

The most potent APs I took were Navane, Haldol, Invega, Zyprexa and Risperdal.

Weaker ones were Seroquel, Abilify and Vraylar.

2 Likes

quetiapine worked for 2 and a half years olanzapine for 4 and counting. I took 1 pill of haldol as a PRN once it worked well.

1 Like

Potent: thorazine, risperdal, perphenazine, Seroquel, haldol
Medium potent: fluphenazine, zyprexa, navane
Less potent: invega, abilify

Most effective: fluphenazine, haldol, risperdal

Over 10 years

1 Like

I’ve only taken zyprexa and abilify but zyprexa was the more potent one to me. Too bad the side effects were awful

And obviously theres the all-powerful clozapine I’ve heard so much about, should be more potent than all the others

1 Like

The only reason Clozapine is so “god like” is because it acts on D4 dopamine receptors which no other AP does.

I still wonder how it fully functions though …

1 Like

Fluphenazine didn’t do anything for me. I’m surprised it’s considered potent.

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t explain myself. That was all my experience, not based on fact AT ALL.

2 Likes

Oh. Lol! Got it.

3 Likes

@Qirat, I should not be making these assumptions. When you mean potent, do you mean like sedating and feeling great effects? Like Invega along with other meds work for my hallucinations for the MOST part, but I don’t find invega by itself sedating at all,

@CoCo said the most logical thing. Although it’s good to explain our own experiences. People’s experiences might be different. We shouldn’t generalize

2 Likes

This is not a matter for opinion.

@Qirat you will be better off looking at actual scientific papers rather than taking the word from ill-informed forum members.

1 Like

https://www.amboss.com/us/knowledge/Antipsychotics

@DNA actually look up whether Haldol is potent, and you will see that yes it is.

0.5mg is an effective dose because it is a potent drug. They give it to people on their death beds in palliative care…

I also did not compare it to other drugs, you did and then tried to use that as an argument against what I had said?

Look at this dose converter if you want. https://psychopharmacopeia.com/antipsychotic_conversion.php

20mg which is the highest recommended dose of Haldol is the equivalent of 50mg of Olanzapine. That means you need 30mg more of a drug with the same maximum effective dose level to have the same effect. That = potency…

2 Likes

From my experience, not studies, zyprexa is strong. Seroquel mild. Risperdal i was so short on but i felt it was strong.

1 Like

Thanks for the infooo

Most potent:
Risperdal Consta, Seroquel, Geodon, Zyprexa

Less potent:
Haldol, Trilafon, Stelazine, Abilify

1 Like

I felt the best on:
Geodon
Haldol both the shot (decanoate) and pill 5-20mgs at different times, (I prefered the 5mgs.)

Ok on:
Perphenazine
Fluphenazine
Abilify

Run over and Dead on:
Seroquel
Risperdal
Zyprexa (Olanzapine)same?
Trilafon
Stelazine

I refused to take Closaril, because the side effect list scared me.

I didn’t include the long list of anti depressants and others partly because none of them worked, with the exception of Topamax.

1 Like