I've had schizophrenia for 16 years now 😞

Who is currently hospitalized or just got out of hospitalization.??

2 Likes

I haven’t been hospitalized since last year and hopefully won’t be this year…it sucks. … hbu when we’re you last hospitalized

I am currently hospitalized. They let us use cell phones after about 5 months from being hospitalized.

2 Likes

Wow I’m so sorry it must have been tough without Internet … I was locked for like a month at least once and it was rough. …how are you doing??

I was diagnosed in 2004 so I’ve had schizophrenia for 17 years now.

I was last hospitalized in 2018. But they switched my meds and I am doing better than ever now. I wasn’t allowed to use my smartphone. I was in there on 2 separate occasions for a total of about a month

When I was first hospitalized back in 2004 it was in a mental health facility for 5 months. Smartphones didn’t exist back then.

Oh I’m really sad. Why were you there for that long? Me I was hospitalized for it’s been almost a year and a half because my past hospitalizations that I’d had in the past. I’ve had about 10 different hospitalizations, that’s why they have decided me to keep me for this long… But anyway, hope you get better.

1 Like

That is how long it took for them to feel that I had gotten better. I was happy to finally go home.

Wow, you’ve been there in there for a year and half. That is a really long time, I hope you get better and released soon…wow.

Thanks but I am better now, they put my on a new medication back in 2018-2019 and I have really improved. I haven’t been in the hospital for 3 years and I have a job now, things are much better.

I was diagnosed with a psychotic disorder in 03/04, then officially schizophrenia in 12. Been on APs since 03/04, though. It’s all pretty much the same.

2 Likes

Diagnosed in 2011. Last hospitalization 2016 was caused by me stopping meds for 2yrs.

1 Like

42 years here.,.,

5 Likes

It doesn’t make sense why you’re still there after a year and a half. Are you court ordered? Are you currently suicidal, homicidal, or psychotic?

1 Like

They just told me that it takes each individual months to get discharged. Most of the people here have been hospitalized many times before, and so they think we should stay here for more. A girl who was here before me got discharged 4 years of being here. And I didn’t think I had schizophrenia until I saw some of the patients with the same symptoms. I Don’t hear voices, but I’ve had other symptoms.

1 Like

Is it free to stay in the hospital?

Here in the USA most institutions have been closed. When you do go you have to be a danger to yourself or others, and they get you out as soon as possible, like a week or the days. They really don’t want you there. It works out for the best for a lot of people. That is my opinion. Doing things like cleaning up my apartment and grocery shopping helps. I never want to go back, though not everyone is like me.

2 Likes

I’ve spent most time hospitalised since my first psychosis in 2009. The first time was a nightmare – as a result I was left almost traumatised and in a state of mind of rather committing suicide rather than go back there. But that had less to do with the hospital than my depression and anxiety.

Now I’m anxiety-free and my depression is better, and being hospitalised does not really get to me any more. Yes, I’d rather be outside but I can manage easily. On this ward we can have our own computers and Internet, and I can go out and away from the area for 2-3 hours at a time.

-Albert.

1 Like

I was diagnosed in 1994 and hospitalized. Then in 1996 i was hospitalized due to ignoring the meds. Then after i am not required to hospitalization but taking regular medication.

I got schiz in 1996 so it’s been 25 years. I was hospitalized twice once in 1997 and 1998. Each time was a month long stay.

I haven’t had any relapse’s since my last hospitalization. I don’t want to go through it again. I take my medication every day.

My doctor once told me I might not have to take medication the rest of my life.

I’m not taking any chances. I’ll stick with the meds.

1 Like

i was hospitalized twice each for four months… but it’s been a couple years since last hospitalization.

1 Like

I have been hospitalized 15 times. The last one was in May.

1 Like

Wow , that is good that you can have computers with internet, I’ve been wanting to have one to go to school online, but they don’t let us here. And I’m ashamed., What hospital are you in?

1 Like