I've had schizophrenia for 16 years now 😞

Well pray you get better :pray::pray:

Well hope you don’t go back.

1 Like

Yea, I think I don’t need them neither, but I have to take them. Because I’ve seen I have the same symptoms as some people that later on they get to hear voices, that’s why I’m taking my pills to prevent that.

That is nice, keep taking your meds.

It is somewhere in north Europe; I don’t want to be more specific as anyone could read this.

-Albert.

Hi, Albert, it’s ok. For how long have you been hospitalised?

Hi Daniella, I’ve been hospitalised for years, I have lost count, but the current episode is over 6 years now. I’ve had much shorter episodes numerous times (at another hospital).

There are many patients here who have been hospitalised longer, even much longer! It is kind of a “last resort” hospital that takes on patients sent here by other hospitals or institutions, including forensic patients. They are all (considered) schizophrenics or schizoaffectives. One I know particularly well came a little before me and was sent here from jail. Another one I’m particularly familiar with said he came here in 1995; he is still in the same ward I first came to (more restricted, eg. no smartphones). Yet another one who’s been here much longer than me once told me about robbing a department store.

Some of the patients here are not expected to get out, because they are considered either too ill or too dangerous. There is a wide variety of wards with different features and intended for different kinds of patients.

I’m not sure of their precise reasons, but as I understand it, they sent me here from the other hospital because they “gave up” on me after I kept coming back too often, and because I was “difficult” at times (such as escaping or making a mess). One thing in particular that is prolonging my stay here is that I’m not participating in most of the so-called “rehabilitation” activities. I could if I wanted to – I’m just too lazy. I have all the time in the world – perhaps a “delusion” but it is one I am deliberately choosing to believe in, as part of my positive thinking regimen, and it helps my patience. Another trick (to aid patience) is to take one day at a time.

-Albert.

1 Like

Wow,I’m sorry. I’ve been here in this hospital for almost 2 years because I’ve been in hospitals many times before and I just think that they decided to keep me longer so I can get well finally. Anyways I’m supposed to get out next month. Anyway I hope you get better. What were you doing or how were you reacting before getting in the hospital. How old are you?

Something like that with me too.

Yes. It is really only the apathy that gets to me.

Can you clarify that?

1. What about you?

-Albert.

I meant to say What did you do that got you in the hospital?

A different thing each time. The first time I was paranoid and hearing screams and voices. Once I vandalised my apartment.

What about you?

-Albert.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.