Is Geodon that weak?

I use this converter and it doesn’t make sense that 5mg risperidone is equivalent to 300mg Geodon. Is Geodon that weak?

I was hoping I could try Geodon but I see most users here on it are also on another AP, a heavy one like risperidone, Clozapine, etc

Maybe since its too weak thats why two pdocs refused to prescribe me Geodon and said they don’t prescribe Geodon to their patients.

I am pissed that I need a high dose of a heavy dopamine blocking AP to be stable. It makes my negative symptoms worse and gives me a worse quality of life. I am jealous of those who are stable on weaker meds or/and on lower doses.

1 Like

Can you accept to live with some symptoms? Then you could probably do it.

1 Like

I don’t mind some positive symptoms, I had them on Latuda and was able to work almost full time. But my only and main issue is anger and irritability problems.

1 Like

Just because the mg taken are much higher doesn’t mean it’s a weak drug. It doesn’t work like that. Geodon is a great AP for many people. It just might not work for you. Talk to your dr about it when you have another appointment

2 Likes

I know that. What I meant is that max dose of Geodon is 160mg and max dose of risperidone is 8mg. 8mg risperidone is 480mg Geodon. So Geodon is definitively blocking much less dopamine.

They don’t prescribe Geodon to their patients.

Ok. Then why worry about it?

I wanted to try it to lose weight. I am desperate to lose weight. At this point I don’t think a Dr ever prescribed 300mg Geodon to anyone.

Haldol allows you to lose weight. Have you tried it yet?

1 Like

I am afraid of movement problems as typicals are known to cause it more than atypicals. I will wait for that call to be accepted to see a pdoc, then I hope Vraylar will work. I am sick of high dose heavy meds.

2 Likes

Good luck! I hope it works out for you

2 Likes

Did you ever try risperidone or invega? Haldol is better for negative symptoms?

2 Likes

Have you tried Invega? It’s similar to risperidone.

It works better for me at least. I’ve been on both.

2 Likes

for me risperdal works better than invega. I been on invega too. Maybe now if i would take invega together with my clozapine it would be good too… can’t say for sure. Invega worked for a long time but i relapsed on just the invega.

2 Likes

I don’t think Geodon is weak as I can’t seem to go without it but it is bad for your heart :heart:.

1 Like

I think it’s always interesting to read how meds work very differently for different people.

1 Like

yea it’s weird huh. very interesting yea.

1 Like

Whats better with invega vs risperidone? I thought they’re the same as risperidone is converted into invega in the body.

1 Like