Is death the end of story?

I unable to assure religious view on that or not
But i begin to have my own view which is not certain too
Anyone has view on that ?

I have trouble believing that the conscious self just ends but I can believe that there are many opinions of what happens next.

I believe in the soul which lives forever all the consciousness in it

6 Likes

death is not an unusual belief, it happens and its not nice, nobody wants to die and if you do then you should seek help straight away,

my faith helps me to take the sting out of it when i suffer a loss and hopefully one day it will help me pass peacefully when its my time, i’m not going to die before my time though, nobody should,

its a tough subject and i think people should talk about it, but it requires a lot of sensitivity, its a very difficult area to tread.

4 Likes

If there’s an afterlife I’m gonna spend it partying. But that’s like 50 years off for me so I don’t give it much thought.

2 Likes

I believe that the soul lives on.
I believe in God, but I am not religious.
I know he is real, I have seen too much proof of his existence in my lifetime.
I wouldn’t be here if God didn’t exist.

5 Likes

I believe that our personality and sense of self is from firing of electrons in the brain which stops sometime after death. So I believe death is final. But that makes me want to have a good life and be a decent person that mich more. Enjoy what I have, so to speak.

3 Likes

yes death is the end of the story

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t be able to get up in the morning if I thought it all went blank. What would be the point?

2 Likes

Well someone close to me died. I believe they were trying to contact me from the other side. I saw signs that they were right there. So I guess I have to believe in life after death. This all happened before schiz. Do you think I’m nuts anyway for believing this?

1 Like

you hv the right to believe in anything you want

1 Like

Of course not. I look forward to my spirit/soul continuing on .

6 Likes

There is something. I just don’t know what

I wonder if I am not in some sense already dead, and that life is a serialised way of experiencing my death or death/life moment. I mean, perhaps everything happens all at once, but while we are alive, we experience things in a consecutive, temporalized fashion.

I think that Nishida theories this, Derrida hints at it, Freud says that time is not what we think it is, and Akron / Family sing a song about it

Which was used in a movie scene that may be mythic

Consciousness is eternal
I hope

2 Likes

My grandmother said that my mother died with a smile on her face. I wasn’t there.

1 Like

I just pray to God I don’t have sza in the afterlife.

3 Likes

I believe we convert into another type of energy when we die. Our old self (conscientious) changes. I mean atoms aren’t really alive, and yet we’re alive. Think about that for a moment.

4 Likes

I saw my son twice after he died so I know there’s life after death.

4 Likes