Schizophrenia.com

I'm sick of being overweight

I’m trying to think of ways I can lose weight. I’m around 22 pounds overweight. I have a big pop belly. How many pounds overweight are you?

7 Likes

22 pounds isn’t too bad (not to undermine your struggle)

I think I’m like… 50 pounds overweight? :upside_down_face: for my height of coarse.

5 Likes

Have you tried calorie counting?

1 Like

No, I haven’t tried calorie counting. The problem is that I am a very particular eater. It is hard for me to eat something that I don’t want to eat.

2 Likes

I was 90 pounds overweight. As of today I’m no longer overweight. But, I’m the most I can weigh and be considered to be at a healthy weight for my height.

I counted calories by measuring, counting and weighing everything and then logging it into MyFitnessPal. I also exercise regularly. I eat 1200 calories per day. Once a week I eat 1400 calories. As a man, you should eat a minimum of 1500 calories per day. So you could eat 1500 calories per day, and exercise a few times a week. It really works. It took me one year to lose 90 pounds

12 Likes

Diet is around an 80% factor in losing weight from what Ive heard, excercise makes upp the other 20%

If you eat less than you burn (some meds can make your metabolism more efficient, meaning you burn less and need to eat less) you will lose weight, but excercise can help you get there quicker

5 Likes

I worked out today by jogging around a field while dribbling a soccer ball. Also I recently started to lift weights. I’m wondering if it is unhealthy to lift weights and do cardio at the same time. I’m wondering if that is too much for my body to handle?

Cardiovascular exercise is considered aerobic exercise. Lifting weights is considered anaerobic exercise. Depending on your age, gender, height, weight and fitness level, doing anaerobic with aerobic exercise is safe if you are a 25 year old male standing at 6”1 weighing 190lbs. However a man of 45 years of age standing at 5”10 weighing at 275lbs should be careful.

2 Likes

I jogged and lifted weights when I weighed 240 pounds (108.8 kg). I was fine

3 Likes

If you’re concerned about your heart, have a dr do a work up and let you know it’s safe

1 Like

So if I’m 42 years old and 6 feet 2 inches tall and weigh 204 pounds, would that be ok to do both cardio and lift weights.

2 Likes

It should be unless you have a heart or lung condition

1 Like

I am about 20 pounds overweight too.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You should be okay although your knee & elbow joints might feel it because being 42 ain’t the same as 27. Whatever aerobic & anaerobic exercise you are combining, start slow and light. As the weeks and months pass increase the weight and maybe the repetitions since I don’t actually know what exercise you are doing. The key is being consistent in the time of day and day of the week you do your exercises. For example, when I was working I would wake up at 5am in the morning and complete my cardio plus weight lifting before going to my job. Many “normal” people have this schedule whereas schizophrenics are usually unemployed and collecting disability benefits.

I’m so proud of you @Zannah . Calorie counting, food measuring and exercise really does work doesn’t it?

3 Likes

24lbs. Remeron caused the weight gain.

1 Like

I am 56 pounds overweight :pensive:

Worst part is it pretty much all around my belly

I’m about 70 lbs overweight :grimacing:

1 Like

Yup @SkinnyMe! It really does.

2 Likes

I have a new goal of working out with dribbling a soccer ball around a field on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Also lifting weights Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

I eventually want to play pickup soccer games when I am in shape enough, and still lift weights.

2 Likes