If you were diagnosed with cancer

Would you choose to have treatment or just live the rest of your shortened life without it?

2 Likes

It depends on my age and the stage the cancer is in.

6 Likes

depends on the cancer. Stage 1-3 I would fight, but stage 4 would put me in a dark place.

I’ve taken care of cancer patients, it’s not a good way to go. I’d probably live the best I could, for as long as I could. Then when I decide it’s time, buy a one way ticket to Washington state.

1 Like

It’s a good question I don’t think I’d know the answer until I experience it.
I find the treatment to be very aggressive.
And I’m very scared of surgery.

And I’ve heard of people who have reversed it with particular kinds of diets

But idk

I’d need to research into the treatment and read peoples testaments to it

1 Like

I think i would try treatment because of my son. If he wouldnt be there, i wouldnt want treatment like chemo.

1 Like

At my age (75), I think I’d just ride it out. But, I don’t know for sure because I tend to let death scare me.

1 Like

It would depend upon my age and the stage.

1 Like

My twelve year old niece died of cancer three years back. She had been fighting it since she was five. It was traumatic to watch her die. I wouldn’t want my kids to have to go through that if I had cancer. I honestly wouldnt know what to do. My doctors thought I had Lou Gehrig’s disease. My nine year old found about it accidentally. He was terrified. I don’t want my kids to worry about me.

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your niece :broken_heart:

1 Like

I chose to fight it when I was a kid. I would choose to fight again. @FatMama is your suicidal ideation back and making you fantasize about dying of diseases again?

1 Like

I chose treatment. At 36 yo they didn’t give me any choice. Was only stage 2b. I’m part of a FB group and so many stage 4 are 5-10 years out from treatment and still living.

4 Likes

No not suicidal. But I am worried about this rapidly growing mole.

Go to the doctor and get it checked out!

2 Likes

Treatment, unless it was a type of cancer where the effects of treatment would be small.

1 Like

I have an appt on dec 3rd

4 Likes

That’s good. Is it irregularly shaped, bigger than a pencil eraser, and/or multicolored?

1 Like

Bigger than a pencil eraser. A bit odd shaped. Slight discoloration.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s worth getting checked out, probably nothing, but peace of mind is invaluable.

3 Likes

Cancer!?? God forbid!
I don’t even want to go there.

1 Like

Yeah definitely get that checked out. I’m glad you have an appointment.

1 Like