My 14 year olds friend has stage 4 cancer and

She’s decided she won’t do any more rounds of chemo even though she’s only done 4 rounds of chemo. She’s refusing radiation too. She wants them to surgically get rid of the rest of her masses but that may not be possible. She’s only 14. My 14 year old doesn’t realize what this really means. This is so sad.

That’s so sad. Hopefully, her parents and doctors can change her mind.

2 Likes

My aunt had breast cancer and was treated with a double mastectomy and multiple rounds of chemotherapy. She said that chemo can save you but it can take a permanent toll on your whole body. Things like taste of food and numbness around extremities. It makes sense if the friend is thinking about quality of life now.

Sorry to hear of this. Cancer is horrible.

1 Like

I’m so sorry @ZmaGal

1 Like

That’s horrible… at such a young age too… I hope they can get everything taken care of with the surgery.

1 Like

Such sadness, your daughter is really brave and so is her friend.

2 Likes

Thanks @Wave @Human @leafy @Moonbeam

3 Likes

I just think she’s too young to give up, you know? She’s only been battling cancer since June this year. It’s too soon to quit in my opinion. She’s well enough to do school and hang out with her friends.

2 Likes

When I had cancer as a kid, I was so afraid of chemo. I got lucky, and they were able to remove everything surgically, but at stage 4 it doesn’t sound like she will be so lucky. My thoughts are with her,but as someone who has faced that decision, I totally understand her choice.

3 Likes

Ok. She has stomach cancer with tumors and seedlings throughout her body. They surgically removed a 12 pound tumor from her stomach. I feel so bad for her

If it makes you feel better, my cousin was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer at 19. He is now 29 and has survived being told he has a week to live multiple times. If you live near Ohio, I highly recommend the Cleaveland Clinic

1 Like

So sad. I’m so sorry to hear that. :broken_heart:

1 Like

I’ll tell her mom about Cleveland Clinic. Thanks for telling me about your cousin.

1 Like

I hope she can beat it

1 Like

I am so sorry. I hope she can beat it.

But I totally understand her choice and her decision to respect her quality of life. She’s suffering.

This breaks my heart. :frowning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.