I went to the doctor over my weight

I went to the doctor today over my thyroid (hospital said my thyroid was over acting) and my weight, he suggested an app and wants me to log everything I eat and how much with walking and brisk walking since my ankles hurt it’s low impact and won’t hurt so bad so we hope, today my mom suggested I eat pudding since it’s “low calorie” and I said no, I have a sugar headache but I gotta suffer through and not eat any sweets and count my calories I hope this works. Idk if it will but I gotta try it’s time I get this weight under control

7 Likes

Good luck, it’s hard for all us people on atypical APs to control our weight. I’d be interested to know how you get on. Are you following a particular diet?

@PlateOfBiscuits I’m gluten free (less calories and don’t upset my stomach) sugar free (I drink sugar free powder drinks that are 10 calories per pouch (a&w and a&w cream soda kinds) and I’m gonna limit that to three pouches per day I’m allowed 1,770 calories a day and today did 30 min of walking and 3 min of brisk walking (I might cut out potatoes too but I’m not sure, my family eats about 1 potato most days)

2 Likes

@PlateOfBiscuits and @everhopeful according to the app I should lose 1 lb a week

2 Likes

I could stand to lose about eighty pounds myself.

1 Like

I used to do calorie counting and lost a lot of weight. I’ve got to restart it.

1 Like

I’ve just started keto. I managed to lose weight really successfully on that a few years ago. I’m also gluten free and sugar free. I’ve managed to lose 2lb this week, but I have a very physical job as well. I’ve been doing yoga in the morning.

1 Like

@crimby I’m 5 foot 2 and 204 lbs I wanna be down to 120 or less

I’m 5’3" and would ideally like to lose 30lbs.

@PlateOfBiscuits I wish you all the luck but it seems you already have it lol maybe I need some of your luck

1 Like

I’m 5’9" and 255. That’s pretty overweight.

@Twialine, I have cut out carbs and it seems to be working so far. I’m in ketosis at the moment so my body is burning fat for fuel. I noticed that I’m not starving after I’ve come back from work today and I didn’t end up having my day time nap so I’m a bit more energised from it.

@PlateOfBiscuits I’m so glad for your success! <3 <3<3

@crimby I’m so sorry sweetie

2 Likes

@Twialine, I haven’t had much success so far, only 2lbs. I’ll start getting excited once I’m at the 7lb mark, but thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@PlateOfBiscuits I’m excited for you! My big problem is probably the fact I have late night snacks like a full bowl of soup in the middle of the night I just wake up so hungry I think I’m gonna buy celery and cucumbers

1 Like

@Twialine, I also have a problem with late night snacking. I don’t know what country you’re in, but I’m in the UK and I like to get the mini snack cucumbers from Lidl. They are lush!

@PlateOfBiscuits I live in the USA, we use to get canning cucumbers (mini cucumbers) and they were big sales but Walmart got rid of them (whatever) sometimes I wish I lived somewhere else other than the USA but I can’t afford to move and not sure if my body could handle cold or hot weather (I have a low immune system due to thyroid problems)

1 Like

@Twialine, I’ve always wanted to visit the USA and see some of it for myself. We speak the same language but it’s a different culture.

I have hypothyroidism, and add in the APs and I have gained a buttload of weight (5’10" and 130 lbs. in 2 yrs.). I am too embarrassed to post photos here on the pics page. My weight goes up and down though, no matter what I do or don’t do. This is the third time I’ve gained this much weight. Then I lose it over the course of two years, then it comes back. My doctors don’t know why yet because I don’t always change meds when my weight starts up, so what the heck? My thyroid levels have been normal on 5mcg of levothyroxine, so that’s not it either…

@PlateOfBiscuits I find some people around here in the USA are very disrespectful and people don’t always think mental illness is a disability and think if you can type something out you can work (where I’m from) there is a lot of racists and homophobic people (including my own mother) (just like she offers me something sweet everyday) my diet is gonna be very hard because of her

1 Like