I went to the doctor over my weight

@Happy_H That must be really difficult with APs and hypothyroidism. I lost a stone earlier this year and put it on again, but gaining it back coincided with an increase in my sertraline so maybe that has something to do with it?

@Twialine Yeah, it’s going to be hard if your mum is always offering you sweet stuff. You’ll just have to get really good at saying no. :wink:

I don’t think the UK is much better for mental illness than the States. I don’t think that there is as much homophobia in the UK though. People are pretty racist where I live. I’m out in the countryside and we don’t get many foreign folk round here. Anyone not from the immediate area is known as an outsider!

@Happy_H I have hypothyroidism and am on 125 mmg but my thyroid is over active with my meds so I’m not so sure what’s going on (my thyroid was partly killed from age 14-16 and shouldn’t really be able to come up again so knowing it’s over acting is concerning) I’ve gained weight from age 15 on I started at 110 lbs and was size 5 and loved it maybe I’ll get to that point again I can only hope

1 Like

@PlateOfBiscuits I have hypothyroidism too and yes it is hard

Yeah I’m gonna have to get good at saying no (I don’t think my mom realizes she does it)

I hear Canada is good too (get a good sum for disability no matter your work history good for mental health and no homophobics that I know of but idk about raciest though)

1 Like

I am always happy to have another calorie counting buddy on MyFitnessPal. Feel free to PM me if you want some support there.

1 Like

@Twialine I hear Canada is good like that too. Another place I’d like to visit, if only I had more money and could hold down a full time job!

I find it hard to say no when people offer me food. Stay strong!

2 Likes

@PlateOfBiscuits my income is 0 right now oh well.

I’m the same way

1 Like

Good luck @Twialine wish you the best I had my gallbladder removed last week.

As I’ve gotten older I have become less anxious over the appearance of my body. Any desire I have to lose weight is mostly for my health.

I’m on three AP’s and I’m also hypothyroid but I’m able to keep my weight within normal limits by scrupulously counting calories every day and by not drinking my calories.

Although my weight is normal, and I look good in clothes, and I have gorgeous legs, I am almost 60 years old and it shows. Especially without clothes. And especially around the whole circumference of my midsection.

1 Like

@SkinnyMe I bet you’re still beautiful

1 Like

I weigh 174lbs. The years of taking atypical psychotics. I believe in you!:blush:

I’m a 60 year old male, and when I take off my shirt I look like a pregnant ninety year old woman. It’s bad. My legs are pretty good, though. In the past I ran and jumped rope a lot. Now I can’t jog much more than a block. It’s the med’s. It’s hard to accept. My legs still look good, though.

My best friend tells me I am, although, I don’t believe it. Thank you though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.