I surrender...I won't be posting on anti meds threads

All of you on here that aren’t taking meds or thinking of not taking meds don’t have to worry about any retaliation from me anymore…I’m tired of fighting with all of you.

13 Likes

Wait what are you for or against meds?

I am pro meds…schizophrenics need meds I think.

10 Likes

I hope I didn’t alienate you the other day. I consider you a friend and I also believe that meds are the first-line defense for combating the symptoms of sz, sza, and related disorders involving psychosis.
I don’t think anyone has a problem with you stating your opinion regarding this issue. You are a respected and valued member of this community.
What I think the problem in communicating with others may be your anger and personal attacks as well as making judgement calls and questioning others in terms of if they belong on the forum or have a real diagnosis.
This forum is not a private club for only certain people. It is a public forum for those who are suffering from psychosis or believe they may have issues within that spectrum.
I don’t think it’s fair to try to diagnose other members or even to question their credibility.
Personal attacks are against the rules.
You are a valuable member and I know for a fact that many people have respect for you and your opinions. But you can express those opinions without becoming angry and taken personal offense if people have their own ideas and choose their own course of action. I don’t think it has to come down to fighting about anything.
I’m sorry if this offends you or I just sound like a hypocrite. But I respect you and your loved ones and only wish all of you the absolute best @jukebox.
Plus I’ve read that you know how to play over 220 songs or so on guitar and I admire anyone who actually knows how to play the banjo as well. :grin:

10 Likes

well thanks @eighteyedspy23 It’s not like I’m attacking anyone in my own mind…I just really truly believe that schizophrenics should be on AP’s. It’s a win win situaton…every single person I know that quit their meds said that they eventually couldn’t handle it anymore and got back on meds…I just fiercely believe this. so it sounded like anger but I was protecting us schizophrenics fervently. I now see my error is that I hurt some people and feel bad for it…thanks for calling me your friend. I always thought you were really someone special to me…you also are one of the ones that often post on my threads…I appreciate your support.

3 Likes

I think you need to change your approach. Cause I understand that you feel strongly about meds but it’s just how you come across when you try to express that view. You come across very aggressive

Telling people to get off of the site isn’t constructive. Not everyone here has schizophrenia but we’ve all gone through psychosis. And some people come here cause they’re searching for answers about whatever their problem is sometimes it’s psychosis sometimes it’s not.

Just try to be more understanding

3 Likes

I don’t think you follow me…in my very last argument about taking meds it just so happened to be @anon1571434 I apologize dude…do what you want…I’m sorry I told you to get off the site…I won’t bother you anymore.

3 Likes

I think the aim should be to state positive reasons why being on meds is a good idea without being too hostile towards those who choose not to take meds. Utilise the power of gentle,informed,intelligent persuasion.

5 Likes

I don’t have time for people who have schizophrenia that don’t want to get medicated and helped

3 Likes

I feel the same way. Also like @jukebox I’ve given up arguing for the most part with people who aren’t on meds.

2 Likes

What gets me, are those people complaining of symptoms and then I find out they are not medicated.
Geesh! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

What about those who complain about side effects while medicated? What can one say to them?

4 Likes

Yeah it’s a tough situation.

3 Likes

what if the meds are not working or side effects are really bad?
some people may never find a good med and those are the people that need more help and support x

7 Likes

personally i don’t see it as a win win, i see it as a cant live with them cant live without, like being stuck between a rock and a hard place :confused:

@CakeMania the founding members started this forum bc they had family member who was diagnosed and they wanted to help others like him, i think.

@SzAdmin do you have a brief history of this forum?

2 Likes

thats a shame, idk why that would happen as there is a health and recovery part to this forum, maybe they thought it broke the rules, sometimes it is not fair.

something like that could be detrimental to your mental wellbeing, you try to help people by explaining your recovery only to be silenced without explanation :confused:

2 Likes

Maybe you were talking about living without meds. Which may influence some to quit their meds

4 Likes

I surrender too @jukebox I will log out now