Meds or no meds there is no wrong or right

this illness…sz…is not a choice.
some people have to be on meds…by law.
some people are on meds because it helps them to manage the sz.
some of us don’t take meds because of personal choice.
there is no wrong or right or us and them…it just is.
we as a sz community are in the same boat, no need to rock it, sods law i will be the one who falls out…lol.
it is good to have a point of view…to discuss choices openly.
lets show tolerence and support.
just my opinion, ( don’t have a go at the sith !! )…lol
take care

8 Likes

darksith I think you are great. Medicated or un-medicated I think a lot of people could learn from you. Your compassion and empathy, no matter what you are going through, has always stood out for me. If my son could learn from you I would be proud… (sorry I think I’m a bit sappy lately with what is happening with my son, still mean it all though :blue_heart:)

7 Likes

Hey sith, I can’t say what’s the spirit of your post but agree with what Barbie said about you. I also found you very compassionate.

1 Like

This is not about people’s right to stop meds or not. @darksith I know you choose not to take meds but you are not relentlessly trying to scare others into stopping theirs.
If the poster wants to say how he is progressing off meds -fine- but stop it with the scare tactics.
There is respect of choice re whether to take meds but I can’t respect deliberately and aggressively trying to scare people.

6 Likes

I don’t think he uses scare tactics at all. I don’t either.
I do post about alternatives, and will also post scientific studies about dangers that are very real, which have included various health issues like weight gain, fatigue and even diabetes - the altering of brain chemistry, tardive dyskenisia…etc. Also the potential for some cases of suicide thinking and self abusive actions, of which I had very personal experience with.
The only thing I am really against is when doctors say meds is the ONLY solution, when in fact there are many cases where alternative treatments or even lifestyle and dietary changes can help immensely…

I will admit last year i probably posted some scary things on the web, after going through a horrific trauma due to mismanagement by doctors that weren’t even really the right kind of doctors to be prescribing meds, and the effects of meds that were not monitored…

1 Like

My issue with this poster is not the fact that he does not take meds - he adamantly posts negative - scare tactics type posts against the use of psych meds. Look, I am not pro or antimeds - I root for every poster that is managing without meds - it is the way he goes about it. This is a site geared for schizophrenics, and a lot of us take meds, inlcluding myself.
Consistently taking on an anti meds - antipsychiatry stance without offering much of anything else - just for the sole purpose to instill fear into the hearts of medication users, verges on bullying - My paranoid self tells me that he was maybe sent by an anti psychiatry movement or group, just to place a monkey wrench into the engine. I know - paranoid right?

7 Likes

LOL, yes of course! that’s it !
The Sith Lords have a specific anti-med, anti-psychiatry covert agency headed by Darth Antipsych and he is an operative in Operation Unblind…
We all know Sith are Force sensitive and that medication is transported on Jedi freighters to put in Sith planets drinking waters to block their ability to use the Force… :smiley:
Just kidding by the way.

Seriously, I really don’t see the scare tactics being mentioned here. Do you have an example? Some scary post made that confirms this?

3 Likes

They’re not referring to darksith.

2 Likes

Oh…hmmm…the post I replied to seemed to imply that…as it mentioned Darksith but no one else… but now I see where it says he wasnt trying to scare people…was a bit confusing… :frowning:

1 Like

As much as I hate them, I can’t do without the med’s.

1 Like

I was NOT referring to @darksith - I was specifically talking about @gainesms

1 Like

Yes, I know that now…was bit confused by the way the posts were going and he hadn’t been mentioned, though I don’t think he’s a troll either…

Anyways, in that misunderstanding I got to make a funny (And possibly was a whistleblower on a Sith agenda, LOL)…I am an Orion and Orions are known for their humor, though unorthodox it may be.

1 Like

Darksith taught me to look at the lighter side of life and take a comedic approach to sz. It’s been really helpful actually

2 Likes

@darksith is awesome! :smiley:

2 Likes

what or why is it forced on people what did they do to get that put on them? sad that there are some way out there that need down but to place on a life time judgement is unnessary!

1 Like

I am not an anti-psychiatrist implant. If anything I think it would be more apt to say I am a psychiatric survivor.

The first psychotic episode I had was on a drug cocktail (seroquel, vyvanse, klonopin, and a few others — uppers and downers both). In that sense I am very apt to say I have had some bad experiences, and I notice on this site some people going through the same dangerous drug combinations. I don’t know whether I would or would not have ended up schizophrenic had I not suffered through psychiatric “malpractice.”

Of course I’m not going to pretend that I’m not bothered by what I see as irresponsible and dangerous psychiatric practices. It’s difficult for me to intellectually and logically justify to myself the continued use of drugs for what could have been drug-induced (iatrogenic) illness.

Unfortunately my very presence derails some threads — so I’ll try to leave it at that.

2 Likes

I too have seen dangerous psychiatric practices…or I should say there was NO psychiatrist involved in the prescribing of meds and that was done by an FNP who is really not even supposed to be prescribing meds for mental conditions. And it cost someone their life. It was a major contributing factor.

For myself i had horrible tardive on haldol in the 80s and again it was what i would call malpractice because the doctor who I saw to give me an antidote told me they SHOULD have monitored me and given me that specific med to counter the TD …but no, they just gave me haldol for a week and left me to myself. I wasn’t even sure what caused the TD at the time. I thought I was having a seizure ! Like, they didn’t even tell me the possible side effects…of course it wasn’t like today where they are supposed to list all the negative side effects, and tell you. back then they didn’t. In fact they only told me the haldol was something to make me sleep. Never told me it was an antipsychotic!

1 Like

Did you have psychotic episode before meds?

No my first psychotic episode was on medication (I wasn’t hospitalized luckily but I was off the hinges — thought I was being monitored, all sorts of delusions). My second psychotic episode was off all medication and drugs.

1 Like

**I love you Sith :blush: **

3 Likes