I really can’t live like this

M

Maybe you’re expecting too much from yourself. You’re probably a nice person but you’re not perfect and you can’t “have it all”.
Maybe lower your expectations about yourself. Compromise between what you expect from yourself and what others expect from you

2 Likes

Thank you all. It is just so hard.

I know it’s hard, I’m not doing so well myself lately but suicide is never the solution.
Hang in there @FlyingPurplePeopleMeeter!

1 Like

Thank you, @Wave!

2 Likes

Hang in there @FlyingPurplePeopleMeeter. Suicide can’t be an option for us. You have a husband and children who love you and think more highly of you than you probably know. I have attempted suicide and i’m glad i failed. I didn’t want to die as much as i just wanted the bad feelings to stop. And they eventually do. Life is ups and downs. You’re having a down time right now but if you hold on long enough better times are bound to come. Please do whatever you need to do to stay safe and not hurt yourself. You are needed.

1 Like

Thank you @disciple
It’s a really hard night. Just trying to survive.

1 Like

Just take it one day at a time. That’s all we can do.

Just remember children of people who commit suicide are much more likely to also commit suicide. Do you want that for your kids?

1 Like

No of course not.

Move away from your family. Suicide is not the way out.

1 Like

Listen here… You’re in a state of fear. If you don’t do anything rush for a few weeks or months you’ll be glad you’re alive.

Even if you contemplate suicide its better then actually do it.

Write something down, write you’re fantasies or paint or something to keep you throw the next few months until everything will resolve itself. Trust me, it always passes

Important is to not gave in into a impulse

1 Like

Thank you @anon92220549
I’m glad you made it through!
I’m trying.

There is a way out just hold on my friend. Maybe hang out here for a bit until this passes? What are you up to?

@anon92887483
I’m sitting in my minivan while my kids nap in their car seats. It’s a dark day. My psychiatrist can see me on Thursday, and my counselor spoke with me this morning. I’m wearing everybody out. They all tell me it’s okay, but I know I’m too much.

1 Like

Depression is a liar and it will tell you that you’re too much, you’re a burden, you’re worthless and all sorts of other stuff like that. You can’t listen to it. Focus on your kids and family. They love you and you have a purpose in their lives. I’m sure you’re a wonderful mother. You’re just going through a hard time but it will pass. Just keep hanging on.

1 Like

@disciple
What if I can’t fill that purpose?

But what if you can? What if you’re filling it just by being there every day? Your purpose isn’t necessarily some elusive thing. Your kids need a mother who’s there for them like you are. Things are hard right now but you can fight through this. Work with your pdoc and take the meds. If the meds don’t work, try some more. But don’t give up. You can do it.

1 Like

Okay. @disciple

I am glad you made it through the night :tiger::tiger::tiger:

1 Like

Thanks @GrayBear
I’m not going to lie. It was awful, and I’m not as glad as you are that I made it through the night. I’m glad for more time with my husband and kids though. I love them so much.

1 Like