I can't live anymore

I can’t live.
I need to survive this way for decades and I have no idea how I am going to do it.

Take deep calm breathes in thru the nose and out thru the mouth. Then try to focus abit .

1 Like

You’re having these enormous swings going from hope to despair. You need to tell your doctor about them. Hang in there @Chess24.

5 Likes

Remember when you were loving life and so grateful for it?? You know it’s possible. You need to find a way to get back to that. You can do it!!!

2 Likes

I was where you are at decades ago. Things can get better. Try not to look so far ahead. If you have to, keep in mind that you won’t always be on this track.

3 Likes

I felt depressed today. I was cornered. I turned to antidepressants. If life abandons you turn to legal drugs. I took an antidepressant.

1 Like

People won’t leave me alone. I would like to just leave town.n c b

I was born to not survive but I’ve lasted 37 years with paranoid schizophrenia. If I was Irish I would say , "It’s the luck of the Irish."
But I’m Greek.

5 Likes

Shot in the dark here, but with these swings, has your doctor considered a mood stabilizer? Added advantage is meds like valproate are also HDAC inhibitors which may make APs work better.

4 Likes

Listen to good music, here’s a good one from one of my favorite bands.

This music gives me a reason to live

1 Like

it sounds clished I know but don’t look at the decades ahead, take it one day at a time. Promise yourself cliched even though you’re feeling depressed and overwhelmed that this mood will pass, don’t do anything drastic at the moment.

Stop. Breathe. Mediate, watch some light-hearted shows/movies, listen to calming music, think of people close to you. if you’re religious try prayer. Even though I don’t go to church any more I still feel closest to the Catholic religion, and sometimes when I’m overly emotional doing something repetitive like praying the rosary can be real calming at times.

It doesn’t have to be prayer, anything that makes you feel good that isn’t a harm to you I would recommend to try doing. Again don’t think of the future when you’re doing this, think of the moment you’re in. You’ll never get through it worrying about he future.

As another cliched line goes, I can’t change the past, I can’t exactly control the future, but I can control what I do right now. Yeah you can influence the future with what you chose to do right now, but there’s no guarantee of getting what you want out of the future either…All you can do is hope for the best.

1 Like

you are greek too?

3 Likes

Chess, docs help brother! Ask a friend eventually to get you up to the doc without your parents to know it. Maybe you are depressed just like me!!! I lived in hell for 8 years and the aps weren’t a big help. Maybe you need a mood stabilizer or an antidepressant. you need help.
take care

1 Like

I suffer from severe negative symptoms but I don’t complain… I experience my karma I guess

1 Like

Things change and you have no idea how much, be hopeful,

Hugs brother💖

1 Like

religion doesn’t help me, nothing does.

you have to live with your simptoms even its bad… but you have totry live your best as you can… you are worrior you are brave you can be mentally strong

1 Like

Hang in there Erez. This too shall pass. Just an intrusive thought. Divert your attention to something nice.

For instance, what kind of music are you into?

Hey Erez. Glad to see you around. Was thinking of you the other day.

I have merged your two most recent threads about this, @Chess24. I hope you feel better soon.

1 Like