I don’t know why

My psychiatrist doesn’t want to give me a copy of my psych evaluation.

She said that I would obsess over it and it would cause friction between us.

She will give my case manager a copy.
I’ll just ask her for a copy.

It’s my right to see my own psych evaluation for goodness sake!

What do you guys think?

Doesn’t seem fair.

4 Likes

Tell her to see it or you’ll fire her

2 Likes

I wouldn’t want to go against my pdoc . just forget about it…why do you need to see this?

1 Like

Yeah I’m not going to go against my pdoc.
I just want to know if there was a change in my diagnosis.

1 Like

That is strange. I think it is your right to see your own medical documents. :mouse2::mouse2::mouse2:

3 Likes

Yeah I think that is weird. I can understand you wanting to see your evaluation.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t want to see any of my files. But I’m clear on my diagnosis though.

2 Likes

She refuses to disclose my diagnosis.
She just tells me that she deals with symptoms.

My symptoms are a combination of anxiety and mood cycles according to her.

She is still a very good doctor.

2 Likes

Do you live in the USA? If so then she legally has to show you or she could get into serious trouble.

If you really want to see them then you can demand it, but it might be wise to listen to her if it’s at all possible you might obsess over it.

2 Likes

I might get it from my case manager, but I don’t know yet.
She is right and knows me well.
I will start to obsess over it and it might not be worth it.

I want to maintain a good relationship with my doctor.

2 Likes

I know from personal experience that it sucks when you dont know the official diagnosis, but doctors usually know what’s best.

Good luck to you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

maybe you have ocd, I think I do. I want to see my file too. I think I’ll ask about that next week. Should be a good read. I would insist if I was you, it’s better to be informed and educated about your diagnosis. That’s just one girls opinion.

1 Like

Yes, I also have ocd @leafy.

1 Like

My doctor goes over my care plan and file with me once a year. It’s honestly pretty boring. Most of it is just medical jargon and slightly creepy notes on my hygiene and attitude. Stuff like "30 year old female, wearing clean and weather-appropriate clothes, presents with auditory hallucinations. Axis 1 diagnosis blah blah blah I honestly zone out. I also get mildly offended occasionally, when they throw in descriptors like “Is agreeable to treatment” and “Has showered recently” because it makes me feel overly analyzed. But it’s literally their jobs.

She’s right that none of it matters except treating symptoms. She’s also right that you’ll just obsess. It’s your legal right to view your file if you want to. But do you really want to?

2 Likes

that’s right, I remember you saying so. Well, probably should listen to doc then. Sparing you agony.

1 Like

Yes, thanks @ninjastar and @leafy!

2 Likes

I wonder if my doc keeps file on me.

@anon96660997
@Andrey

Your pdoc s keep files on you? Did you saw it ever? Do you think they write about us? Romanians

Example: 22 yeord man, wearing clean cloths, not smelly, articulate, responsive to treatment, energetic, easy to maintain a conversation

Have been observed a increase in mentall ability, still fat as fuk lol

@wave my therapist has this awesome tests I can do and find out more about myself. He always told me how I did.

2 Likes

Yeah I dont like this wave. I had a pdoc that was not telling me things he should have told me. I dont have him anymore

1 Like

@anon92220549 I only remember this:
I was on Invega 6 mg over a year ago and then my pdoc increased to 9mg because i said some people works undercover. Later when i wanted a decreased dose my pdoc loooked on her notes and told me why she wont decrease it. So i think yes in a way, she takes notes every time i speak with her, but dont know what she writes there lol, i guess observations idk

2 Likes

I see. Mine those that also. I don’t know what shes writing but I’m going to find out…

I’m just curious, that’s all.

I speak with her about my illness and her coffee machine lol.

Thank you kind sir for the response

2 Likes