Sad more and sometimes angry,I had tried hard
One of my voices has often said (about that), “Count your blessings.”
Because I had such poor consciousness, interpersonal awareness and social skills that no one but a co-dependent masochist would have me for long. Take a look at this stuff. It really helped me in the intimacy department.
- Get a copy of these books, read them and have your family read them, as well. (Torrey can be a bit totalistic and unwilling to see exceptions to his “rules” at times, but most of his book is really worth the effort to plough through.)
- Get properly diagnosed by a board-certified psychopharmacologist who specializes in the psychotic disorders. One can find them at…
http://doctor.webmd.com/find-a-doctor/specialty/psychiatry and https://psychiatrists.psychologytoday.com/rms/
- Work with that “psychiatrist” (or “p-doc”) to develop a medication formula that stabilizes their symptoms sufficiently so that they can tackle the psychotherapy that will disentangle their thinking.
Psychotherapies for that currently include…
DBT – http://behavioraltech.org/resources/whatisdbt.cfm
MBSR – http://www.mindfullivingprograms.com/whatMBSR.php
MBCT - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22340145
ACT – https://contextualscience.org/act
- the even newer somatic psychotherapies like…
MBBT – https://www.newharbinger.com/blog/introduction-mind-body-bridging-i-system
SEPT – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatic_Experiencing
SMPT – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensorimotor_psychotherapy
- or standard CBTs, like…
REBT – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_emotive_behavior_therapy
Schematherapy – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schema_Therapy
Learned Optimism – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_optimism
Standard CBT – https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Treatment/Psychotherapy & scroll down
- Get two or more of those “down,” and one can use the skills therefrom in this way to combat delusional thinking and emotional reactivity very quickly:
10 StEP – http://pairadocks.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-10-steps-of-emotion-processing.html
- If you/she/he needs a professional intervention to get through treatment resistance, I would use those search tools in item 2 above. Look for clinics that include intervention and treatment resistance services.
- If you or your sz patient suddenly becomes manic: http://www.currentpsychiatry.com/specialty-focus/bipolar-disorders/article/what-to-do-when-your-depressed-patient-develops-mania/f3218a38f6603114ff2f9d9bfc21acfb.html?
- Look into the RAISE Project at https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=raise%20program%20schizophrenia.
- Look for mental illness clubhouses in your area (which can be hugely helpful… but may also pose risks). Dig through the many articles at https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=mental%20illness%20clubhouse%20model to locate and investigate them.
You should be happy because you don’t have schizophrenia.
Why do you say i don’t have sz?I don’t believe I am SZ but more of body Dismorphic disorder,I was diagnosed as SZ by doctors because I kept my BDD as secret for long time
Have you tried online dating sites yet?
Your still young gtx. Plenty of time to find a companion. You cant force these type of things, they happen naturally. Im sure you will find somebody one day. Just gotta be patient
One day you will be surprised when out of the blue you meet someone
Having said that I haven’t got a boyfriend and I wish I did
I am just afraid most people with SZ do not have a long term relationship
How old are you?
I am 26 this year,never had a comfortable and real relationship
I was just venting,one of the big reason I want to change job and change environment is because I am hoping to change my life and hopefully make a girlfriend.Its just frustrating sometimes,so many trouble to have schizophrenia and take medication
I met a girl off pof. Been with her for over 3 months.
She knows about my mental issues. She is supportive.
You just have to meet one that’s understanding I learned.
Yes it is extra hard but 26 is pretty young
I was like you when I was your age. It hurt me to see some guy and a girl together and know I was cut off from that. That feeling has greatly diminished. I don’t have that desperate need any more. You might get a girlfriend and find out relationships are not as wonderful as they appear from a distance. Try not to obsess on it. The pain will go away.
Yes it is true relationships can be tough unless you are lucky and find a good one
I am just feeling depressed,so I might be looking what I am lacking,hope I get out of this feeling soon
i feel like this a lot, it comes and goes but its always there.
I just broke up so if u need someone to talk then text me lol
Yeah, someone else already said the first thought that popped into my head. You can’t force things like this. And you might be trying too hard. Girls get turned off by by desperate guys. Maybe you are not actually desperate but take it as a warning.
Counting your blessings will be good when she comes around too… so prepare for the girl with healthy gratitude is my view… I’m single by choice… by choice because most girls are not a good match it seems… I count my blessings now and maybe when my girl comes around I’ll be an appealing dude and won’t be disregarded from gloom
I’ve been in a relationship with a wonderful guy for about 7 years now.
@77nick77 is right. Don’t be ‘desperate’. The only reason I got into relationships is I was at college. You just need a place to socialize and meet other people. Also, don’t get to know girls only because you’re attracted to them. Get to know them as human being and you’ll understand the right girl better, when she comes around. Plus those girls might have cute friends ;).
Also, don’t swing for the fences and go after a model lawyer ballerina with perfect hair unless you really feel connected to her as a person. If she isn’t the right one on a neurological level it’s not going to work out no matter how thick and dark her eyelashes are. Besides, no one wants to be dated just so they can be a show piece. Unless you have $$$$$. Then she might change her mind about you and neither of you will be happy.